ODST And Recon Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe another 2 years or so I'll be done. Every time you pick your own stuff up, you have something to complain about.... regardless... here are some more snap shots of the new master. Yes the vent covers are cast separately from the helmet (some assembly required, batteries sold separately) and are just sitting in place for the photo. Just the neck seal/lip piece left to finish up and it will also be cast separately.

Spase said:
Maybe another 2 years or so I'll be done. Every time you pick your own stuff up, you have something to complain about.... regardless... here are some more snap shots of the new master.

BOLD: I know that feeling... lol

Looking great Spase. Like the idea of removing the vents... makes it more customizable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wally blow me away once again -FASHWWOOOOM-.The ODST looks heaps accurate and the Recon is simply beautiful.

With Rube gone I believe you are going to be hearing this a lot.

Send me an email sometime to talk some more about how I can get some armor. You PM box is full but I am wanting to get on the list. I opened up my email for this website so I hope to hear from you soon.

-Charlie

@02Supply... I hear it alot, wish I had time to get back to everyone. My PM Box is not full, try adding me as a friend first.

New Helmet Casting... The photo attached is nearly straight from the mold. Only trimmed the neck hole flash off and took the photo. Vent coverss are cast separate, to be attached later with the screw accents on the ear and chin strap.

I wish I had the time and worked cheap enough to make helmets for everyone. Maybe with a Rotocasting Machine and a lack of IP rights helmets could be cheap. But like my Father always says, I don't wanna do it twice, and certainly don't work for free, because I don't need the practice that bad.

Word to the wise as well, if anyone ever asks you to paint multicam, its not terribly easy on an ODST helmet. It makes me laugh and smile a bit to see a Camo ODST helmet though (this one still needs the black face and back details, and the visor. Color is a bit washed in the photo.. its a bit more greenish in person.

Dang, that cast is looking GOOD! I'm really impressed at how smooth and straight everything is.

And multicam ODST! That's actually kinda cool, if a bit unusual.

@KeyPersoNELL -- I used one replacement lens for a motor cycle helmet, cut using a template specific for my helmets, then attached from the inside.

-----

New Photos and video update on first post.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! That was amazing! I mean you—... I—... I can't b—... Chi-g-d-b ... He—g ... I'm buyin' you a pizza!

Amazing Work. I like it. The removable vent covers would work really well in order to put speaker grill in. (this is my plan for mine when i get one)

you sir are a genius!!!!!!

I wish I could just pay someone to mold my armor but I just don't know how much it would be...

I keep failing on the peps.

CoRRupt3d said:
Can i buy a helemt cast or whtever you call it

Buying and selling is not for the open forum, go to the Classifieds if you're after something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've gotta say that this is my absolute favorite ODST helmet that i've seen. The blue visor, the paint-job and your craftsmanship are just hands down amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back