ODST Armor Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPU7N1K

Jr Member
Hi, I said a long time ago that I would make an ODST armor, so here I am, trying to complete the armor. So far, I've done the left arm, and am going to complete the right arm in about 2 days time. This is my first time making armor, so I would really appreciate some input and suggestions. Hats off to Eternal, for his awesome marine armor which inspired me to carry out what I said I would a long time ago. So here it is.
PB230014.jpg

PB230013.jpg

PB230011.jpg

PB230008.jpg

PB230005.jpg

My right arm's current state-- The foundation.
PB230017.jpg

More updates in around a week! Stay tuned! :)

Oh and a comparison--
9643362-Full.jpg

I know it isn't 100% in-game accurate, but oh well.. I tried my best.

Dec 1st Mini Update

PB260003-1.jpg

I never heard of your armor! It looks great! And that gun you're carrying in the pic is a clarion right? I recognised it from CS. Awesome armor!

nice progress.
darthmaddy yours is nice as well. couldnt help but notice in your album you have g2 Integra pics. wouldnt happen to be a member over at G2IC.com? i have a white 92 LS.

SPU7N1K said:
I never heard of your armor! It looks great! And that gun you're carrying in the pic is a clarion right? I recognised it from CS. Awesome armor!
...the one where he's holding the gun is a screen from Halo 3. the gun is a BR55.

On the armor, I gotta give it to you, I never was any good at making things freehand from cardboard. That said, I think the forearm piece you have is far to skinny. You may not be as buff as a "real life" ODST, but that's the beauty of full-body armor: nobody can tell! It may also be that the part is a bit tool long, or that you haven't taken into account the clothes that need to be underneath the armor.

Sorry if I sounded rude, just trying to help before you take it too far to repair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unique Name said:
...the one where he's holding the gun is a screen from Halo 3. the gun is a BR55.

On the armor, I gotta give it to you, I never was any good at making things freehand from cardboard. That said, I think the forearm piece you have is far to skinny. You may not be as buff as a "real life" ODST, but that's the beauty of full-body armor: nobody can tell! It may also be that the part is a bit tool long, or that you haven't taken into account the clothes that need to be underneath the armor.

Sorry if I sounded rude, just trying to help before you take it too far to repair.

No offence taken, but I am skinny. And it's too late for repairs :( Also, I just realised about the clothes problem. Dang. Well I'll see how it goes..

Last edited by a moderator:
Update!

Shoulder pieces done, hand pieces improved. Anyone with suggestions on how to attach the shoulder pieces to my shoulder, do let me know. Thanks.

PB290011.jpg

PB290010.jpg

PB290014.jpg

PB290015.jpg

This bottom piece is not fully done yet.

Reference
13319477-Full-1.jpg

Done the chest piece.
PC120040.jpg

PC120043.jpg

I'm thinking of attaching the chest piece to two of my school bag straps. Any ideas on how to attach them?

Hot glue or rivet them.

Since you are super good with adding layers of detail, you should try my odst shest piece, it isnt super detailed, but it's a direct model rip from halo 2, then you could add your detail just like you do with all the other pieces of armor you have made, good job so far btw.

Very nice work so far, congrats. I my self am currently working on an ODST form h2 but it's a bit on hold. My only concern after seeing your reference image is that your forearms seem a bit on the skinny side. I would beef them up a bit to give a more armored/padded look

Awesome! I've been waiting for a good set of ODST armor.

And for the record, the "Clarion" from CS is the French FAMAS rifle in real life.

I've been watching this thread for awhile inspired to do a set of h3 odst armor now. But im troubled by one question. How are you doing all the bags near the waist area?

if you go into theater mode (which it looks like you have already done) they have a few bags on their waist more like pouches actually. in your first picture one of the bags is just below his hand above his crotch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back