Odst Armor - Steel Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok i tried the bicep pe[perakura version. looks nothign liek the pictures. anyone post a pic of a finished one?

at this rate, im just gonna eyeball the steel vs. the pictures and movie files.

so... someone please post up a link or pic of a proper bicep part.

thanks!

baddog9000 said:
Wow, Sir please step away from the key board double poster put your hand up were we can see them.

i double posted?

i saw some reference drawings that someone did on here. it doesnt look like what i did at all.

has ony one completed the upper arm armor at all? i can't seem to find any completed sets for the ODST landfall armor in the elite showcase.

Last edited by a moderator:
tried to do the pep version just so i coudl see what it looks liek before i start cutting steel.

im stuck. any suggestions? i cant see where the extra parts go on the gauntlet. the numbers dont match up anymore.

also the shoulder part looks nothign like the pictures.

DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0141.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

and yes i know i didint finish small details. im only tryign to get the basic shapes.

baddog9000 said:
Wow, Sir please step away from the key board double poster put your hand up were we can see them.

I thought it was considered a double post if it was both posted on the same day?

I definitely think if its a significant update then multiple posts are fine. Although there is a 2 hour time frame, I honestly wouldn't pester him about it.

Whole lotta nitpicking, not a lot of answers in this thread...

Here's a thread containing a couple pictures of bicep/ shoulder pieces:
Confucious' T's ODST build
There were a couple of other odst builds, but most don't seem to have the shoulders done.

I drew the reference drawings you'd mentioned:
ODST drawings thread, though some bits of the blueprints are a little unclear as these were the first ortho drawings I'd done in years...

I was planning on seeing those through to completion, including figuring out how the armor attached and the underarmor, but I ran out of steam. I put a lot of time into staring at every inch of the odsts and just got burned out on it. Plus there's some details you just can't make up from watching the short films.

I'll be sending you a pm with a little more info later today.

thanks! however your links are broken.

:)

theres one otehr person here, actually the only person ive actually SEEN compleated armor. it says CHANG on the chest plate.

ive looked again at the screen grabs i have and the pep file for the shoulders dont look like the movie. did i grab the wrong file? i grabbed the WETA files off the pep links page.

(and who cares about the two posts in a row, they were several hours apart and were nessesary - drop it)

Jax Archillies said:
thanks! however your links are broken.

:)

theres one otehr person here, actually the only person ive actually SEEN compleated armor. it says CHANG on the chest plate.

ive looked again at the screen grabs i have and the pep file for the shoulders dont look like the movie. did i grab the wrong file? i grabbed the WETA files off the pep links page.

(and who cares about the two posts in a row, they were several hours apart and were nessesary - drop it)

Are you sure it wasn't a marine armor? Hmm. Well, I've had my scratchbuild done for a while now but I don't think that would really count I'm guessing.

don't know. i dont know the games really. jsut the master chief.

but the ODST landfall ones i posted here, dont resemble the ones form the weta short movie. they DO look good, but just dont match.

also any help on the gauntlets?

Jax Archillies said:
don't know. i dont know the games really. jsut the master chief.

but the ODST landfall ones i posted here, dont resemble the ones form the weta short movie. they DO look good, but just dont match.

also any help on the gauntlets?

You talking about this one? : )
odst.jpg

Ruze789 said:
Now that, sir, is awesome.

Would you happen to have any others?

Unfortunately, that is one of the originals used in the short films... So no I don’t have any others.

BlueRealm said:
Unfortunately, that is one of the originals used in the short films... So no I don’t have any others.

I was referring to any more pictures of the odst stuff...
I've been staring at them for months working on blueprints and I'm always keeping my eyes open for new reference.

:mrgreen:

BlueRealm said:
Unfortunately, that is one of the originals used in the short films... So no I don't have any others.

how did you get one from the short films?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back