ODST Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The ODST Guy

I'm just starting this project. A full suit of ODST armor. EPIC. I plan on doing this suit entirely from pepakura. The only thing I finished -or should I say half finished meaning I cut, folded and glued but haven't started hardening it (I use Elmers glue, so unprofessional), or painting it- so far is the helmet. Here is the helmet:

Any comments for the helmet? I know it's not much, but hey you gotta start somewhere.

The ODST Guy

Hey, Elmers glue is great for pepakura. It makes a great bond, that later can be strenthened by more. Its not the best, but its good. The best though, are tacky glue, super glue and hot glue.

Yeah but I'm using it for hardening the helmet XD
If that's what you meant, disregard this.

EDIT: OMG I used tacky glue for this helmet!

Update: I found a bootleg MA5B!!! Now I don't have to build one! I took this one and spraypainted it, then I painted in a few details by hand. Here it is:

If your wondering what that string on it is for, look what I can do with it! Now I can put it on my back just like an ODST!

That's all for now, but there will be many more updates so watch this thread if you want.

The ODST Guy

The Helmet looks like it was put together well, but its hard to tell what it is due to the lower detail. Also, I would suggest using superglue, because elmers glue can come undone by resin (if you plan on doing the resin stages). But otherwise, the folds look good, and the lines are smooth and not crooked like my first one is.

No, I'm using the Elmers Glue to harden the helmet since it dries hard and clear. THAT'S why I said unprofessional. I might do resin stuff in different projects when I have the time

EDIT: I will find some way to smooth the box-like shape of the helmet. Any suggestions?

The pep looks good, maybe a little warped. It's hard to tell, but from the picture you have showing your back, the helmet looks pretty big.

@carpathiavh99

Yes, that's true. I might remake it due to its size if I can find a way to resize pepakura files. Any suggestions?

Of course. Look up a scaleing tutorial on these forums, and you are good to go! I never scale my helmets because i want room for padding and other crap to stuff in it XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back