ODST Creed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinAeros

Two versions of the Airborne Creed/Paratroopers' Creed, in the vein of the "This is my Rifle" homage.

Orbital Drop Trooper’s Creed
I volunteered as an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, fully realizing the hazards of my chosen service, and by my actions will always uphold the prestige, honor, and high esprit-de-corps of the only volunteer branch of the UNSC Marine Corps.
I realize that an orbital drop trooper is not merely a soldier who arrives by human entry vehicle to fight, but is an elite shock trooper and that his race expects him to march farther and faster, to fight harder, to be more self-reliant, and to soldier better than any other soldier. Orbital drop troops of all allied forces belong to this great brotherhood.
I shall never fail my fellow comrades by shirking any duty or training, but will always keep myself mentally and physically fit and shoulder my full share of the task, whatever it may be.
I shall always accord my superiors fullest loyalty, and I will always bear in mind the sacred trust I have in the lives of the men I will lead into battle.
I shall show other soldiers by my military courtesy to my superior officers and noncommissioned officers, by my neatness of dress, by my care of my weapons and equipment, that I am a picked and well-trained soldier.
I shall endeavor always by my soldierly appearance, military bearing and behavior, to reflect the high standards of training and morale of orbital drop troops.
I shall respect the abilities of my enemies and allies. I will fight fairly and with all my might. Surrender is not in my creed.
I shall display a higher degree of initiative than is required of other troops and will fight on to my objective and mission, though I alone survive.
I shall prove my ability as a fighting man against the enemy on the field of battle not by quarreling with my comrades in arms or by bragging about my deeds, thus needlessly arousing jealousy and resentment against orbital drop shock troops.
I shall always realize that battles are won by the UNSC fighting as a team, that I fight and blaze the path into battle for others to follow and to carry the battle on.
I belong to the finest fighting unit in the United Nations Space Command. By my appearance, actions, and battlefield deeds alone, I speak for my fighting ability. I will strive to uphold the honor and prestige of my outfit, making my world and race proud of me and the unit to which I belong.

The ODST Creed
I am an Orbital drop shock trooper, a ODST trooper! I Jump by human entry vehicle from any warship in space. I volunteered to do it, knowing well the hazards off my choice. I serve in a mighty space borne force, famed in deeds in war and renowned for readiness in peace. I pledge to uphold its honor and prestige in all I am and all I do. I am an elite trooper, an atmospheric trooper, a shock trooper, a spearhead trooper. I blaze the way to far flung goals behind, before, above the foe's front line. I know that I have to fight without support for days on end. Therefore, I keep mind and body always fit to do my part in any drop task. I am self reliant and unafraid. I shoot true, and march fast and far. I fight hard and execute in every art and artifice of war I never fail a fellow trooper. I cherish as a sacred trust the lives of the men with whom I serve. Leaders have my fullest loyalty, and those I lead never find me lacking. I have pride in the UNSC! I never let it down. In peace, I do not shirk the dullest duty nor protest the toughest training. My weapons and equipment are always combat ready. I am neat of dress, military in courtesy, proper in conduct and behavior. In battle, I fear no foe's ability, nor under estimate his prowess, power and agility. I fight him with all my might and skill ever alert to evade capture or escape a trap. I never surrender, though I may be the last. My goal in peace and war is to succeed in any mission of the day or die if it needs be in the try. I belong to a proud and glorious team, the ODST, the Marines, the UNSC, my race. I am its chosen pride to fight where others may not go to serve them well until the final victory. I am a trooper from space! I am the Marine Corps' best! In peace and war I never fail. Anywhere, anytime, in anything,

I am the ODST!

Yes, it's pretty much just replacing "Airborne" with ODST and others with the in game/in universe equivalents.

Thoughts, critiques, and better suggestions and contributions welcome and encouraged.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes VERY WELL done :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

darkesword2020 said:
John....are you sure you want to get yourself in trouble?
I'd edit my post if I were you..

i think he does, he insults ppl in other threads

but back on topic, i love the creeds
i like the 2nd one more than the first.

great work

SPARTAN-430 said:
:clap: Wow, that was really good choice for one! But whats the diff between ODST and Orbital Drop Troopers?

Typically, a "Shock Troop" is a description and not in the actual name. Also, it seemed kinda weird to me when I had typed out "Orbital Drop Shock Trooper." Something just looked wrong and didn't sound right when I read it out loud.

Maybe I should change it to Insertion instead of Drop? So it's more a description of what they are, less a naming of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back