Odst For Airsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff62

This is my 1st and only kit and its still a wip. I love Halo and airsoft so i thought i'd combine the 2! and that way i don't get hurt whilst airsofting :)

I decided to do a pre Reach ODST kit from when the UNSC were fighting the insurrection, this allows me some creative liscence to change bits to make it more wearable, also i am able to use sports armour pieces as anything else wouldn't stand up to the punishment i give it! And not many airsofters look like brutes or elites but they could pass for insurrectionists.

the chest and back armour were made for me by welshwarrior

the weapon is my take on a predesesor of the ma5, its an MAC. MA4A1 (Made-up Arms Company. Modified Armalite4 Abomination1)and has been known as the 'bastad child'

[attachment=16734:longmoor3.jpg]

[attachment=16735:longmoor5.jpg]

[attachment=16736:longmoor9.bmp]

[attachment=16737:longmoor11.bmp]

Dude, what style did you use to make the gun, cause I like! It's like a MA5 like they said, but it's like Black Opified?

EDIT: I looked at the third posted picture, the guys with modern day stuff make you look like a spartan, and they're all staring.

oh man! that looks amazing!

I'm making a suit! Except its for paintball and going to be expendable, I'm modding the chest piece to the tac vest I have. Shoulders, Gaunlets Hip Plates and Helmet for a huge outdoor paintball game that will have a prize for best costume :p

did you fibreglass your pieces?

WOW!!!! That looks great! Great to see I'm not the only one taking an airsoft ODST loadout seriously (see sig). Love it! Now for questions:

How did you finish the pieces? I used rondo for mine, might yours be molded?

What kind of mesh did you use for the visor and where did you get it?

I REALLY need to see more pics/details of how you made the AR. It looks very, very real despite being made of contemporary weapon parts.

Tell ya what, as soon as I figure out how to put my pro-pipe together, I'll post it for all the airsoft junkies on this forum, just for u guys! Btw, sanghelli, did you possibly test the effects of a madbull foam slug grenade on pep?

cheers for the comments

sadly i did not make the whole helmet, just the visor and paint job, i don't know the guys name who made it to give him his due credit, tho he made it from fiber glass and i believe it is molded

the visor is 3 old airsoft noob full face masks that i butchered into the shape i needed so i knew they'd be strong enough to take a 500fps sniper rifle round (which they did!) and they don't steam up like anything else would (you get very warm in this kit)

the armour pieces were made by welshwarrior from the 405th, he used resin but you'd have to ask him the details :) they are really good pieces (credit to the man!) i attached them to an old navy seal p.t. armour vest i had lying around

the AR is a classic army m4a1 with ris 203 on the bottom (the 203 has been shortened since these photos were taken), then i added bits from an old m16a2m203, ak47s and shotgun, oh and a watch instead of an ammo counter so i could tell what time lunch was ;)

the whole thing still breaks down as an m4 should so i can get to the working parts

it is a bit chip shop at the mo as the whole gun took about an hour to put together because i realised just before i was meant to go i didn't really have a weapon that looked the part :(

and yes i had a shotgun, desert eagle and rubber knife as backups ;)[attachment=16738:28119_1411159033212_1059593420_1180543_6353953_n.jpg][attachment=16739:28119_1411159073213_1059593420_1180544_6705324_n.jpg]

oh and mikyvengeance, the last thing i made was a disposable card board kit for a fancy dress game but it was storm trooper armour that took about a day to make lol

[attachment=16741:longmoor2.jpg]

[attachment=16740:untitled.bmp]

Oh! Thats sick! im making and EOD helmet for playing airsoft as well. by the way my friend has the same granade launcher as you and it packs a punch. i would know... :eek lol also just because im wondering is the body armor a lot of work? i plan on making some in the future.

Remember you can use the edit button instead of double posting, the admins might think of it as getting your topic back to the top ;) Dude you know what would look awesome, just for detail? If you put an actual visor on top of the facemask? so if it was shattered it would look like an awesome battlescar! Props on the assault rifle, it looks like an insurrectionist version of an ma5, kinda like a what the towel heads do to their ak's in the mid east :rolleyes

ah well credit where its due, cheers to rube then! As i said i don't make the pieces, i'm in the military and really don't have the time or the skill, i wish i did, i just bring the pieces together and make them work without limiting movement. I don't agree with recasting but i didn't know when i got the helmet and i would gladly have got it from rube :)

i had to cut welshwarriors chest plate so the sides could move behind the centre piece like in the 'we are odst' vid, so i could have full freedom of movement

a cover over the mesh would look cool but for gaming it would steam up and become useless :(

the weapon is all my doing however :) it is a bit ragged but its not a haji weapon, haji's don't really mod their weapons, they just use aks and the like as they are

and yeh getting the body armour to work and be strong enough for what i wanted was a bit of a drama. Welshwarrior made the pieces quite strong but then attaching them to the vest so they'd move and not fall off was timely. I had to use cable ties to fix them to the vest so they could move, then velcro to stop them from moving when i didn't want them to. It needs a bit of repair after each game day but nothing major :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back