ODST Gloves by Sean Bradley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Jr Member
I just got his gloves, but I have problem. The plastic pieces are hard to paint. Acrylic paint, nail paint, synthetic paint, everything failed. Do you have any experience with them? It would really help me, because I can't paint it.

IMG_1383.JPG

I just got sean's gloves as well. I was wondering the same you. Maybe there is a way to dye them. Hopefully someone has figured it out

I just got sean's gloves as well. I was wondering the same you. Maybe there is a way to dye them. Hopefully someone has figured it out

Ok, I'm asking necause I've already picked Sean's brain enough... where did you get/buy them??

Have you tried latex paint? It should work. It dries like a thin rubber coating.

I think smooth on sells paint for silicon. Think about all the silicon masks out there, they paint them some how.

Some colors are added in to a mix of silicon so when its finished it can has other color than default.

I used to use something called Rhino adhesive. It is for those surfaces that you cant just apply too. You spray it on and let dry for 10-15 minutes and then paint over in light coats. It basically makes a paintable surface

All you gotta do is ask guys!

I thought I covered this fairly well in the instructions, but in case you lost them I''ll add it here. The gloves are cast in silicone rubber, so you need a silicone paint base to get the paint to permanently adhere. You can either use a professional silicone paint base (such as Psycho Paint available from Smooth-On as mentioned in the instruction manual) or you can fudge a paint base by mixing black arcylic into a dab of Flowable Windshield Sealer, the same adhesive noted in the instructions for gluing the glove pads to your gloves. To thin out the silicone paint mix, add a little solvent. Toululene, Xylene or Naptha work best but I suppose you could use Acetone or paint thinnner perhaps, experiment on a test area first.

I've noticed myself recently that a combination of gluing the pads AND stitching areas seems to be best for keeping those glove pads on.

If you ever have any questions about this stuff, please just ask me, I'm more than happy to answer a question or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back