ODST helm

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8er4life

I am awaiting my visor for my MKVI hlm and want to kill time. I was thinkin about doin a card board odst helmet. But im no to sure on what way i should approach it. Does anyone have a good template that the have used for this? If i can get a way to try this i will be on construction tonight and later on. But a off topic ?. Can you embed a photobucket pic?

Thanks for your help!

Yeah i kinda know how im goin to make the dome top but i get lost after that. I want it to be like a dirt cheap thing. cheap visor and blue pain ect. Nothing special, just something i can say i made it on my own.

I would but then i need to bondo resin and all that crap. as i said i wanted this to be cheap as it is supossed to serve as a time killer.

If you mean a halo 2 odst, I have pep files for them, they arent too hard, it looks me 1 hour to make the chest piece. 1 Hour including cutting and folding and gluing.

But since you dont like pepakura, ok. ;p

No i dont mind pep. Its just that i really dont want to put a hole in my pocket doing this. its a second thing. Like then i need bondo and resin and all that junk. I can afford it but i feel like saving it up. i already have a westerfield helm and since my visor isnt in i want to try and so this.

It only took 10 minutes to resin and glass, letting it sit in the sun is what took 2 hours.

Oh dont tell me. "then you gotta paint it"...well same for cardboard, except cardboard will soak it all in and become soft for a period of time. Then it isnt even water proof, so then you gotta resin it.....

Its not time....ts the money. I dont feel as if i need to spend money on bondo and resin. i just want a really cheap like max $20. like somthing that you would do to kill time. in some cases its pep but thats because you have a job and the right stuff. For me its cardboard.

and can i embed a pic through photobucked? and if i can how?

My god, if you hate pep so much, then just say it, you cant just slap something together and say it is the most detailing thing on earth, you have to put work into something for it to look nice, all you have to do after resin and glassing is sand it down with regular old sand paper, which everyone has in their house, then paint. My chest piece isn't angular at all, it isn't the smoothest since it wasn't molded, but it's a heck of a lot better than it was when first made. You're not going to make something in cardboard thats perfectly smooth on your first try, cardboard itself can only bend in straight lines in only 1 direction, you will have small little lines show up in the finished product, painted or no paint.

im not saying i hate pep. Im saying i cant spend to much cash on this. if i could then i would. but i was just plannig on takin my time and making a decent cardboard one. Hey i might end up putting resin on it. It depends on my budget.

There have been people on here who have made full suits without part time jobs.

If you want to go with cardboard, go ahead, but remember, it's either, spend little cash, and cheap out on detail, then pitch the suit later on, or spend some money, and make a suit that will last for a few years. With cardboard, you can make it last, but still...like I said, money is a key factor in the quality of the final product.

btw to show pictures from photobucket it's

<div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'>
picture.png
</div>

just put your picture's URL inbetween the two tags and you're good.

yes it is frost. But i want to make a savings account. My dad says if i put say $300 bucks in my bank account. He will put in $300 more dollars and see if i save it. If i save it for a year i can have it. but if i spend 1 penny he takes his money out. so im workin on that. But since your here can i have your pep model?

and pic isnt workin. it says img tags are not alowed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back