ODST Helmet: And it starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, first one. and yup, chavant. any tips on how to make the visor fit properly would be awesome. Visor has a wide arc on the bottom, so there will be some artistic license taken for the front view.

Adam said:
yeah, first one. and yup, chavant. any tips on how to make the visor fit properly would be awesome. Visor has a wide arc on the bottom, so there will be some artistic license taken for the front view.

Well i would start by actually using the visor in the sculpt. So cut the bill off cut a groove into the face then insert the visor then put the top back on and fill in the seems. I had to do that a few times on my sculpt to get the visor seated right.

revisor.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably have to use a dremmel imo. But I've never done it before, so any other suggestion is probably better than mine. lol

You should'nt have to cut the visor. My guess is you could just cut a gap in the clay and seat it in the face and build up clay around it. After molding and casting it in plastic you should just be able to cut out a visor shape hole in the helmet and then apply the visor inside as a whole.

vis.jpg

Ah, didn't realize it was at a slightly different angle than the CG model. Sorry about that, didn't mean any disrespect to your work. :$ops:

It's looking absolutely amazing though, and if I were to try the same thing it would look more like a big mass of clay on a head than a helmet. :mrgreen:

no offense taken mondo, I appreciate your attention to detail. Now, to get the visor inside my clay....

If you want to be verry accurately:
You take a piece of paper and you trim it till it fits in your clay, then you tape you trimmed paper to the visor and then you cut it with a dremel, i personally juse a pneumatic cutter but a dremel will work just fine,

And Adam..damn!! :mrgreen: I looks great, im really wondering how the front will look in the sculpture. And about detail, here are some things the got my attion:
odstmr8.png

I really admire all the stuff that you do at the same time, at the moment i working at:
- one Halo2 plasma grenade
- ODST helmet ( read my verry first post ;))
- Life size Halo3 cut-out
- Halo Gnomes

There fore my question is:
How the hell do you find the time to do this stuff Adam?

well I mangled my sculpture, but i got the visor in. Pretty close too. It's not going to be perfect, but it will be the best ODST helmet out there (because no one has made one!!!!)

:)

again, i had the sculpt in 3 or 4 pieces before getting the visor in. I certainly screwed up the shape, but at least it has a visor in it:

a4be4af50a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back