ODST Helmet: And it starts

Status
Not open for further replies.
ack!!!!
e03320e815.jpg

how much clay did you use? Actually its a question thats been bugging me for a while. But is this clay reuseable? Also how much would be needed in terms of lbs

that clay is reuseable...i think it comes in 2lb blocks (the place where i get thats what they sell)

I had to rip the thing in half to get the visor in. I used right around 20 lbs. I'm sure it will be at least that much when I'm done with the sculpt.

decided the helmet was going to come in, a little small, so i started to build it up a little more. AND I RAN OUT OF CLAY.

Gotta wait another week for the shipment to arrive.

well, I lost a little bit of smoothness, and gained a larger, more accurate sized helmet. Here's the latest, anyways.

c284e218b8.jpg

Looking good adam your helmet is alot more acurate now, the smoothing out shoulnd't be too hard, get some thing steel guitar string to cut away any unnesecary high spots and use a butter knife's non serated edge to do some smoothing and use a smothing agent, I know its not water based clay but like water would smooth that kind of clay, i don't know if you have tryed anything yet but if it is oil based paint thinner might work with a soft brush, but i would do a test on a piece that isn't part of your helmet first. Kepp up the good work!

haven't gotten to work on it in a bit, i'll have to get cracking.

Help a n00b out

I have a few questions for you about sculpting this helmet.

1) Where did you get the bust from?
2) How do you add clay to this store bought bust to make the end product fit a big headed person?
3) To mold this helmet will you be doing a 2 part mold or glove mold with silicon then 2 part the plaster/fiber glass part?
4) Do you have a list of books, links and intructions one can learn this art from?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to learn how to do this and do it right. No better way then right here on MJOLNIR ARMOR forums. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back