odst helmet visor lights advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ODST helmet is almost finished but i am planning on adding lights to the visor to recrate how the in game helmet can change between tinting and see through. I have tested the visor and light will cause my black tinted visor to go clear but i am not sure how to set up these lights. Should I buy a few individual LED's and wire it up to a battery and switch or should i use those stripe LED's that are like rolls of tape? also my helmet has a red and black colour scheme so was wondering if I should use red light instead of white. what are your thoughts/experience on this matter?

Chris

My ODST helmet is almost finished but i am planning on adding lights to the visor to recrate how the in game helmet can change between tinting and see through. I have tested the visor and light will cause my black tinted visor to go clear but i am not sure how to set up these lights. Should I buy a few individual LED's and wire it up to a battery and switch or should i use those stripe LED's that are like rolls of tape? also my helmet has a red and black colour scheme so was wondering if I should use red light instead of white. what are your thoughts/experience on this matter?

Chris
I don't know how to do this. But I'm interested in knowing how you tinted your visor so that the lights will make it go clear! That's super cool. I don't understand how that works...

I don't know how to do this. But I'm interested in knowing how you tinted your visor so that the lights will make it go clear! That's super cool. I don't understand how that works...
I used some black tinting film for car lights from amazon and just stuck it (with grate difficulty) to the plastic before cutting and assembling the pieces. I am not sure how well it works for the other colures but I assume black probably works best. now if you shine a bright light from inside the helmet at say your hand which is also in the helmet you can see the hand. Its not perfect but its a good enough for first timer and on the cheap.

Link to what i used:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/EASYTAR-St...db77f&pd_rd_wg=UO9oe&pd_rd_i=B01LZZ0W3F&psc=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back