Props Odst Kershaw Knife W.i.p./ Tutorial****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Halo,

Your absolutely correct about that, see I actually put that on lightly and didn't think it would show up on the final cast. I sure don't mean to offend anyone. I'm on my blackberry now and will post the pics of the first pull. Unfortunately the 405th showed up through the final cast. But I guess I can fill it in before prime and paint. Just painted the first one but don't like the look too shiney I'm gonna use a flat or less glossy for the next couple. But I must say. I didn't think it would have come out nearly as good as it did.

FIRST CASTINGS of my O.D.S.T. Kershaw Responder...........

OK Hot off the mold here they Are Drum roll please................

Now Please keep in mind these are about 1/4" Shorter than the origional, But I didnt get the actual dimensions till I was already done with the Prototype and started on the mold. BTW Thanx again goes out to belakor for taking his time and doing that for me. YOu Rock dude.

*** belakor: Shoot me a PM I have ta ask you something

15h1loj.jpg

2w7iiqt.jpg

2zyz9nd.jpg

the above pic shows what happens when you dont turn the mold with a lil plastic and then wait till its to hard and try and snap off your pour spout. The black One has the imperfection And the white one is what the second peice came out as.

2aev8r5.jpg

Here is what I was able to make whith what was left of the Smoothcast That I had from the inside of My helmet. Gonna Buy some More, This weekend

PM me for info on these.... if you Like

All in all for my 1st ever casting Start to finish sculpt to mold to cast I am very happy with the turn out.

These will be available Either raw casted Or Painted Flat Black.... The black one on here is a gloss black and I hate it, I shouldnt have used the gloss.

Sorry, i misred the first post. I said eBay because I have a very similar knife to Bucks which i bought a a while ago from there with the sheath, non folding.

Its a wonderful job also a very good post to look at for molding techniques & tutorials. I have found alot of help here my self. A truley exellent step by step guide.

Although I have one question.

What is the wire for? Is it to help getting out of the mould?

Thanks

bankz5152 said:
Sorry, i misred the first post. I said eBay because I have a very similar knife to Bucks which i bought a a while ago from there with the sheath, non folding.

Its a wonderful job also a very good post to look at for molding techniques & tutorials. I have found alot of help here my self. A truley exellent step by step guide.

Although I have one question.
What is the wire for? Is it to help getting out of the mould?

Thanks

Hey banx no problem... Thanx I'm glad I can be of some use here. I have learned so much and have been inspired by many a member both new and elite.

The wire is to create thr negative impressins for air vents. To aid in the release of trapped air. I guessed on there placement for this project but turned out to be the correct place for em' also if therer placed in the correct place when you see your casting plastic fill them you know your fully covered.

Hope that hhlps and remember I am by no way a pro, this was my first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving the casts on those knifes.

I would really like to get one when your selling them but I think they'll be conviscated by customs in the UK. :( although i do need one.

I dont see why customs would have a problem with it. It is a prop after all not a fuctioning knife.

Personally ive imported the M9 Bayonet as seen is Stargate SG1 which is a huge combat knife with no problems.

I dont belive there is any 'law' against the importation of knives into the UK and if it is stopped and you give a good enough reason then its fine.

Hey everyone,

Sorry I havnt been on In a few days so i havn't checked the thread.

Right Now Im waiting for Paypal to Authorize my account then i can start taking requests for the Casts.

-EDIT- I will have a classified Sale up soon for these guys just sorting out some issues****

Several people have asked to Buy them so PM me for a price, im still working out Shipping rates As i have never shipped out of the US before, So im getting Prices for that.

Also I just wanted to Add that these are about 1/2 of an inch shorter in total length than the origional Kershaw. For this I apologize, But I didnt have Live reference untill after I was done with the mold. But they came Out great in My opinion and look Good in size next to My chest peice. here is a pic for comparison next to My peped Chest peice.

s49e92.jpg

HaloFreakX said:
It's only about 7 1/2 inches total.

I've got one.

-EDIT-

Sorry, I couldn't get back to ya on the knife

Originally posted by link a while back during ODST WETA craze.

http://www.kershaw-k...nder-KS1078.htm

Thats OK Halo, I appreciate the effort thank you. yeah mine came out to be 7 inches in total length. But Im happy with it and it looks Great next to my Chest peice.

sierra092 said:
I'll take your word for it bankz and order one :)

You stonefis007 have to put something like REPLICA on the box?

Actually Funny You say that, thats Exactly what Im Planning to do, Also add a Letter Inside Stating Such as well. Im working on those when i get to the office in the Morning Seirra.

Send me a PM with your contact info and I will get Back to you Once I have the shipping prices all worked out have ta Stop By UPS,Fedex And USPS This week Get that all figured out. And Still waiting for PayPal to Authorize My account.

Cool!

BTW, you need to create a thread in classifieds, no selling in your WIP and creations thread. You can mention that you've got one in the Classifieds though.

I think it'll draw more attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back