ODST now, Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great build so far 479,

I know how you feel about getting burnt out when you set a deadline too close. Been there, done that, have a couple coffee mugs and t-shirts from the trips ;). Best thing to do is take a massive beak and then come back, at least that's how it was for me afterward. I'm a n00b here, and haven't even started to build my two ODSTs yet, but I've been around the block a time or two when it comes to big projects like these. Keep up the awesome work and keep on keeping on with the sanding, it'll get there.

FYI, on a quick afterthought, my ODST will be made entirely out of foam. The reason is the last pep build I did with fiberglass, rhondo, and bondo... I personally never want to go through that again! But I'm glad I took the trip so to speak and the learning experience was well worth it.

Keep up the good work, I really like your underarmour details like the foam under the shoulders and the flak vest.

Yeah i know how you feel 479 I've been trying to finish my MK 6 for the longest time and life always gets in the way and is all like NO!

It sucks hen you miss a deadline you've been aiming for, we missed our first deadline with our build but I'm glad we did because we're going to do a nice job on it instead. You'll get there, and I'm sure it's going to be worth it when you do.

With the bondo I've found that less is more, add it in small amounts, you can always add more. Try to apply bondo in sections, sand that area down and move to the next, otherwise you can lose the shape of the piece under a mass of bondo. I've also found that shaping half cured bondo with a scalpel or razor can cut working time in half. If you've got loads of dry bondo in small areas it might be best to get it out with a rotary tool. If you don't have a hand sander or the like I've found that a rasp or file can knock an area down flat pretty quickly. Good luck with the rest of your build :)

deadline are the last thing you want to hit once you pass them its hard to get the rest of your work done soon your two project behind then three and then four. in my way done make a deadline it just drives you nuts.

The Journey is Complete

It has been a while since I’ve posted, but I wanted everything done before I did. I have spent most of this last year staring at a box of unfinished pep method pieces. Yeah sometimes I took them out to sand, but nothing ever got done. But Halloween came, the ultimate deadline. You know how those things are. This year was to be my last year of building my ODST I told myself. And it was. I took a look at what I did wrong. Which was a lot. Instead of a whole lot of sanding, I started over. FOAM PEOPLE, FOAM. Sweet mana from heaven this stuff is great! It took me about a quarter of the time to have a completed piece. Then it was just seal, paint, and weather. I accomplished what had taken me 3 years of slow work with pep, to do in about a month with foam. The helmet was a raw cast from Amory Props, but the rest was by my own hand. Now I don’t claim to have done an absolutely amazing job, but you must admit, it’s a pretty badass ODST. I have certainly learned a lot over these past years, so thanks to those who followed my thread. I used to be a Noob, making a million threads a day, but now I can say, I feel what it really means to be part of the 405th. Who knows, there might be another halo project yet for me. So tell me what you guys think of my ODST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back