ODST Sniper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedi Ranger

Member DIN
S777
Well, I figured I might as well start posting some pics of my ODST sniper. Armour and helmet from Sean Bradley. When I started planning my ODST, I knew that I wanted to start with a base uniform of Subdued Urban Digital camo, as opposed to straight black or dark grey. I painted my armour a satin black, and golf highlights. Weathering will come sometime. I installed magnets and 4 white LEDs in my Blackula Commando helmet hardened uplink module, so I can use it on my ODST and (unfinished) Commando helmet. Other items of note: I had custom nametaps made for my shoulders (ODST and UNSC), grenade rounds on the right calf, and (resin) .50 rounds on the left calf. I also installed two exhaust fans in my helmet, which help immensely, in addition to my UnderArmour HeatGear balaclava! On my left forearm, I have my tacpad, and nothing on the right forearm; I have found it much more comfortable to leave the forearms off when carrying my sniper rifle. You can't really make it out in this first picture, but I also have 6 dummy brass .50cal rounds in a bandoleer on my right chest.

Over the next little while, I will upload additional images.

Saturday94.jpg

Nice clean looking paint job.

Clean for now! Weathering still to come, and a few more smaller touches to add, such as text to the chest, logo on the helmet, some gold trim on the shoulders.

Boots seem a bit wide at the heel. But other than that fantastic! could I get a link to where you got the helmet and armor from? Thank you!

Boots seem a bit wide at the heel. But other than that fantastic! could I get a link to where you got the helmet and armor from? Thank you!

Since my heels actually aren't visible, are your referring to the ankles? They are standard sizing; actually I trimmed down their profile a bit before final assembly.

And as stated in my first post, the basic helmet and armour kits are from Sean Bradley, a prominent member here!

Quick question. Where did you place the fans in your helmet, and would it be possible to post a picture of this? I've been toying with my ODST helmet trying to plan out where to put the fan(s) for some time and I think a precident would help a lot.

Your suit looks sweet! How'd you come about the sniper rifle? Make it or purchase it?

PS - Love the Star Wars backdrop!

I will answer in reverse order! But first, thanks!

The backdrop was during my volunteer time at the 501st photobooth during CCEE!

I built my SR from scratch, though I later purchased a resin bipod set from Thorsolli.

I installed both fans in an exhaust orientation, blowing out between the visor and the helmet. SB's kit was not a perfect match between the two parts, and it actually works great! I have each on its own 9v battery, and paired through a DPDT switch on the inside lip on the side.

IMG_1948%20%28800%29.jpg

Thanks! Fans make such a HUGE difference. And since they sit right in front of my nose and mouth, I get next to ZERO fogging, no matter what! And be sure to always carry spare fan batteries with you! I actually carry 2 spares IN my helmet! Both as handy spares and as counter-balances to the mounted uplink module.

But just in case, here is another shot. (I hope this link works for everyone)

545594_415345821833330_942060101_n.jpg

Suit looks great. How's the ventilation in the helmet with the fans installed? I guess it is much more confortable to wear the helmet around now. Also, the details on that S2 are amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back