ODST Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive looked into this, its not molle and Weta made a statement that the peices were bolted to the vest and that should rule out a Molle plate carrier vest completely. looks like some soft level 1 body armor... Personally i think its this exact one

34551-2T.jpg

well damn, brings new meaning to ODST armor
thanks for the research anything else is appreciated

also haji, do you happen to have anymore visors, pm me if you do

Bentley

Instead of buying a vest, you could just cut out the shape with cardboard and wrap it with black cordura or denim, then use nylon strappings and velcro. Im not sure if you're going for 100% accuracy but using a cheap molle vest would be easier

Do you have a dead line you want the visor? I re-altered it only to fit mine but i will get around to making another one to have universal fit

Well I'm hoping for a reach release finish date I don't think ill make it tho, so I'm aiming for halloween, also I think I will make the cardboard "soft armor", since that is alot cheaper. Now just to get my hands on a big sheet of cardboard.

thanks,
Bentley

Looks great man. Did you make the visor yourself? If so, how did you do it? Oh and if you cover the green foam with a bit of black cloth it would like amazing. Great job so far man.

Looks great man. Did you make the visor yourself? If so, how did you do it? Oh and if you cover the green foam with a bit of black cloth it would like amazing. Great job so far man.

yes i did and its all screwed up but to make it i took the cut out, used some picture frame plastic heated it with a heat gun and pressed down, making vac form machine this week for try #4.

also im covering the vest and all the foam in black fabric

Bentley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back