Odst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan RY52

Well, I finally finished peping my Helljumper helmet, but the thing is, it fits too good. If I fiberglass it, it wont fit on my head. :mad: Now, I dont want to take the time to build another one (I was hoping to wear it in a week for paintball), and so i got to wondering. Has anyone tried spliceing? Adding other pieces of paper into the already made helmet? Im going to try, and any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

No, trimming it wont work - the entire helmet wont fit on my head.

And yes, I've seen people say that paintball isnt a good idea, but oh well. If you cant have fun with your armor, then why bother?

If you cant have fun with your armor, then why bother?

Haha totally agreed man!!

As in regards to your helmet, I would recommend just doing it over. I know that probably the last thing you want to hear, but experience is what makes you good at things!! I had been told that many times before,in regards to my armor, and even though I didn't want to do it, when I tried to fix it, it just made it worse. If you're on a deadline and want to have the armor done by a certain date, why not make a slightly less detailed version of the helm? I'm pretty sure there's a really easy version of the Halo 2 ODST that's on vrogy's wikia page. The link is in the pep creation's stickies. Best of luck dude!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Spartan RY25 said:
No, trimming it wont work - the entire helmet wont fit on my head.

And yes, I've seen people say that paintball isnt a good idea, but oh well. If you cant have fun with your armor, then why bother?

Do you play airsoft? It might hold up to airsoft better than paintball.

Alright. Thanx gunner. Im gona try it anyways - worth a shot, I figure. And to you, wolf, I dont really play airsoft. I have an uzi, but never really shot it at anything other than pidgeons.

Edit: Actually, wolf, I just stated thinking of that uzi. Maby, after my helmet, Ill make an SMG and incorporate the uzi? That would be sweet.

Edit: Alright, I wanted to post again, but this'll save my butt. I've made progress on my "Spliced Helm". I could be a little taller, but other than the offset of the general shape, I think it worked pretty well. And sorry for the blurry pictures. They're all from my phone.

I can haz helljumper?

Paintballing + armor = bad

but if you insist...

If you go paintballing in it, wear eye protection under neath your helmet. Visors will shatter when hit by paintballs. Your amror might to if you're not careful (depending on how you make it)....

BE SMART! BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY!

(The 405th does not encourage such activities (as paintball/arisoft) in your armor,costume,etc. Play at your own risk.)

Kaya Tetsu said:
Paintballing + armor = bad

but if you insist...

(The 405th does not encourage such activities (as paintball/arisoft) in your armor,costume,etc. Play at your own risk.)

Hahaha yea so Ive heard. What I wanna know is, what do you guys think of my splice job? Im gona fiberglass it tomorow (my first fiberglassing, so its gona be kinda like an expiriment)

If you posted pics of the splice, I'm too old to see it. Maybe I'm not looking close enough but the helm in the OP looks nice.

put an old T-shirt you won't need anymore, and fit it in there, so it keeps its structure, but doesn't get bent or warped, then resin the outside a couple of times, then after it has structure, fiberglass the INSIDE, then bondo ect.

tlither said:
If you posted pics of the splice, I'm too old to see it. Maybe I'm not looking close enough but the helm in the OP looks nice.

Yes, I did. I dont know why you cant see them, but theyre in the same post as "I can haz helljumper?". Theyre right below it. And yes, gunner, I beleive it worked. Came out kinda different... kinda fat... but not bad. :D The only thing Im really worried about with it is that little piece right above the visor. I had some trouble cutting the splicing piece for it, so its probably not going to work perfectly. Ill just have to use extra bondo I guess.

Actually, really fat. :D

just fiber glass and or bondo the outside and i guess you could try cutting the neck before that.

Alright, well, I promised you guys I'd fiberglass the helmet immediatley. Its been a couple days, and between school and soccer, I just cant get it done. So I wont have it done for paintballing Saturday. Oh well, I guess next year. Since its been too late to fiberglass every time I get home, I've been working on the other armor. I have most of one shoulder done, and I cant get anything else to print out of this stupid printer. :mad: Im still goin though.

By the way: talking to some friends today, I thought of something. It's under raps for now, but if I can get it to work....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back