Official 405th Spartan Research Program 4 Organizer (Halo 4 files here!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes sir if you wanna add it to the list :) can you please put in instructions for the ones who don't look over the thread on what they need to do? if its not too much trouble

Alright guys, the list is coming along very nicely, and we're almost half way complete.

Hopefully by the day of completion I am an Infantryman so I can move this to 3d Modeling or Creation Discussion section. I will definitely use these files to get myself there, Recon is coming out of the printer right now.

Awesome work from all.

Scanner unfolded model added.

Go thank Monkeyfuj and CosMech!

Woohoo! Lots of happy people I bet...

New Scanner Link :]
Updated the scanner helm Rescaled to 210 mm Wide. I think it sits between 210 and 230 at max in width. Due to it's not as wide as the reach helmets. Looks a lot thinner. I can do a version for Letter size format if the need be.

27 Pages now not 44.
457567_10151395485172089_1861884537_o.jpg

Link:
http://www.4shared.com/file/Mzaagq8q/Scanner_Helmet210.html?

If any modeller wants me to take a stab at unfolding any others, i'm free to do so. Really looking for a Tracker & Pioneer Helm.

Regards
CosMech.

Hey, just a heads up, could you add me as the modeller and unfolder of the Wetworks in the credit section of the OP? I'd appreciate it =]

Also, I just finished modelling the Air Assault helmet and posted about it in the Halo 4 Request Thread, but figured I'd post it here as well. I just sent it out to a few unfolders, so I will update you here when they're unfolded if the unfolders don't update you themselves =P

Thanks!

I did a quick unfold at a Scale of 230mm Wide

Model by Statyk
What ya think? If you don't wanna use it that's ok. Was just practicing unfolding more.
266731_10151396538837089_1986790059_o.jpg

I notice there are a lot of small piece scattered in there and a lot of wasted space on the paper. Try piecing the small, scattered faces onto their larger parts and keep it more compact. This helmet is really simplified, so 18 pages seems a little overkill to me.

That's what's confusing me with pep designer, as it was a simple model I chunked it out into quite large pieces so I wouldn't end up with so many wasted pages/small pieces but everytime I hit unfold I got given a few. Using viewer I was able to cross reference what was going on, seems to be everytime I hit unfold pep designer is cutting some parts off for instant the top part just above the visor I split into one equal size part, but it broke it down into two and then cut off two squares? Does designer normally do this? As when I undid the unfold I ended up with a whole bunch of new cut lines and segments. Ill look over it tomorrow after uni.

nope I cut & weld, probably not very well though, "unfold" just gives me a big mess, which I found out the first time I pressed it, never again. Normally I section off the helmet into equal parts and then work my way around making those parts smaller to fit on pages n cut them down. Afterwards I open pep viewer to check pieces quicker than that of designer, establish where I've gone wrong re-fold then recut. Once it's close as possible it's just a matter of joining and separating certain pieces In the 2D lay plan. Ill go over it again tonight.

Air Assault by STATYK is ready!
enjoyed this unfold very much, thank you statyk! I tried to reduce the paper count and simplify it some more but my skills as an unfolder are limited
266984_559223070772210_1564084496_o.jpg

ENJOY

Just noticed the Infantryman promotion.

THANK YOOOOOOUUU

imma go try to get this on 3d modeling section.

thank you all for the generous support!

UPDATEEEE!

New 3D Modeling section posting done!

Also starting a body armor section over there.

jajaja

I don't think becoming Infantryman has anything to do with how many projects you've completed. I've seen a few members with a project made who are still "members" =P I think the promotion is just when mods/admins feel a member has contributed and put enough "input" to the forums to show they care. I'm assuming it's this grand organizer thread you made. It's a big help for everyone in the forums. Modellers can easily determine what needs modelling, builders can find which are made and not and make suggestions, and it's all wrapped up in a single thread. =P I personally think this one should be moved to the 3D Model section and mods should remove the new one you made. So we can keep this organized without confusion. (Imagine someone googling the files and finding the old thread, and they think the helmet they want isn't made). Could a mod do this for us please?

Congrats! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back