Ok I need realy much information.HELP .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Allright i need really much advice so the quistions How to start? How long does it take to make all of the armor if i spare 2hours a day for this? Is it wery hard to make a proper armor? How Much Does everything to make cost? Can i make one if iam 15year old ? So i need advice only for the armor first. Why im here is becose i play halo halo 2 alot ALOT so i thought its gotta be possible to make an armor or something and well what do you know on youtube i saw some and i want to make my own . How cool can it bee to have an armor of MAster chief.... So please help me.

Read the stickies at the top of each Creation Discussion forum. They have all the info you need to build a nice set of armor.

Sigma-LS said:
Read the stickies at the top of each Creation Discussion forum. They have all the info you need to build a nice set of armor.

thanks but is it possible to make one FOR MY AGE? I am 15.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can, but you will need LOTS OF MONEY. If you want to make a pepakura suit, you will spend 100-200 dollars, a molded suit will cost 1000-2000 dollars to make.

Also, lay off caps lock, it makes your post hard to read.

i dont nee the molded suit like for 2000$ it will be a ..... well like if i live in lithuania so it will cost me alot more wright hey tell something how did you started the creation of the armor and what was your ,,Sponsor,, like i think my ,,sponsor,, will be my parents. because they wid be happy if i make something like that difficult armor and + id had an activity ..

Q: How do I start?
A: Start by reading the stickies and read as many posts as you can. If you read all the stickies, and then try it out, you will get the hang of it very quickly.

First off, you'll get better results doing pep than you will doing cardboard. It's a little more expensive than cardboard, except with much better results. You will probably not do any molding work, mostly because it is HELLA expensive, and hard to do.

Q: How long does it take to make armor?
A: It depends on what model you use (Halo 2, Halo 3, or High Def), how much time you put into assembling it (generally, go fast, get sloppy; take your time, get good results), how often you plan on working on the pieces, how many times you mess up and have to restart, and what pieces you plan on making (Helmet only, or full suit). Summed up, it can take a very long time if you take your time and make the HD models, or still a while if you rush with low detail models.

Q: Is it very hard to make good armor?
A: Generally, yes. If you want the best pieces you can get, you will have to make the HD models (which are pretty hard), make sure to take your time and go for perfection, then fiberglass at least 2 times, and bondo and detail, which is the hardest part (remember, the more detail included in the pep model, the less detail you need to add while detailing, thus it is easier to make the HD models.)

Q: How much does everything cost?
A: A full pep suit can cost several hundred dollars. If you happen to have card stock, hot glue, resin, fiberglass, bondo, or paint laying around, you can save some money (I had almost all of those at my place :D). Card stock and hot glue aren't very expensive, but the resin, fiberglass and bondo are where the money goes. Paint also can add up. You need to have some cash, supplies, or parents that are willing to pay to make a pep suit. IT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FREE.

Q: Can I make it if I'm 15?
A: Age doesn't matter. All you need is patients, a little skill, and some money to do it. I'm 15 years old as well, but I don't let anyone tell me I can't do something because I'm young (Except drive, or something else that is a law :p). There are some 12 year olds that can do some good stuff.

Now, read up on the stickies VERY well. Read them over and over when you have questions, and if you can't find the answer, use the search button. If those still yield no results, then you might be able to post your question in a topic. It is frowned upon when questions that are answered in the stickies are asked.

Like Gamerguy55 said, you can be any age to make armor. This forum is really great 'cus there are lots of people of varying age and skill; we have pros who make molded armor, right over to people who make awesome helmets, gauntlets, etc. out of nothing but reference pictures, glue, and cardboard!!! The one thing you need is patience and commitment to your project.

Inspirational speech aside :cool: ...

I'd say your best bet for really low-budget would be cardboard. If you want more of a template kind of thing go for Pepakura armor. Really i'd say that its one of the better routes to go simply because there is SO MUCH information in the stickies and other topics; not too mention its extremely straight forward and customizable.

Read Robogenisis' reply and you'll be fine. He pretty much covers everthing there so...GOOD LUCK!

SpartanNoob said:
i dont nee the molded suit like for 2000$ it will be a ..... well like if i live in lithuania so it will cost me alot more wright hey tell something how did you started the creation of the armor and what was your ,,Sponsor,, like i think my ,,sponsor,, will be my parents. because they wid be happy if i make something like that difficult armor and + id had an activity ..

Just don't hurry to get the result as soon as possible. I think if you'd love process of armor building, you'll love what you finally get. This is really great activity, I'm sure, many people on this forum felt in love to do something by their hands over the wish to have awesome and impressive mc armor. And after they got it they cannot stop to make something useful and awesome :)

well this is very nice thanks for the advice like first i gotta tell my parents (i am sure they will agree) then i will translate the things in my language ..:D then i will try to buy them .

allright can you guys write ALL of the things that i need in all word not like pep or something the full word. becose i live in lithuania and it will be hard to translate all the things.

2 cans of resin
2 sheets of 3x3 fiberglass cloth
1 fume respirator
10-20 foam sponge paint brushes
250 sheet pack of cardstock 110lb
Disposable medical gloves like the doctors use.

AoBfrost said:
2 cans of resin
2 sheets of 3x3 fiberglass cloth
1 fume respirator
10-20 foam sponge paint brushes
250 sheet pack of cardstock 110lb
Disposable medical gloves like the doctors use.

What about glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back