Old Vs. New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have to add something to this thread :p

Here is my opinion:

Everybody is different, everybody has different parents/guardians, and everybody has different styles of life.

For Example, the story about Michalanthropo's friend that is 17, is immature and his parents are over supporting. Maybe If his parents were more relaxed or chill parents, maybe he could have had a normal life, Or If he didn't always obey his parents maybe he could have lived a normal life.

My point is that you have to balance things out, because If you have strict parents and all you do is study and school, then you will have no life, and If you parents don't care and you don't care about stupidity or school, maybe you will die because you did something stupid or you will be homeless and do all that other bad stuff.

But if your parents just want you to get good average grades and go out with your friends and stuff you will be OK :D

Another thing is how, where, when you live your life, because if you live your life isolated or always in the streets, this will affect this too. And where do you live to, because if you live far away from your school friends or the weather, climate, terrain, etc.. this will also affect it, like me All my close friends live in California, and my friends from here in Kissimmee live far away from school or far away from my apts so I just stay home and chat with the ones from Cali.

And when you live your life, because if you are used to being with the same people until your in high school, maybe you will be shy to learn how to make friends and all you would do is stay home and do school work or whatever. And If you are used to moving a lot like me, maybe you are used to make a lot of friends or make fast friends maybe its easier for you to be more sociable.

So those are my two cents :D

Ok a couple of things:

TV of today vs TV of the past: Cartoons of the past (40's to the 90's) were the GREATEST, shows ranging from Looney Toons/ Tom and Jerry, to Batman: The Animated Series (Way better then The Brave and the Bold. ) to Superman: The Animated Series had funny moments, serious moments, made you think, ect, ect.

Cartoons of Today just make you think "Why did I watch that?" Even though one of the big things for cartoon makers was to money, they still wanted to entertain a audience of a variety of ages, however Cartoon makers of today want to make money first, and get little kids to buy there products and make even More money, and the parents can barely, or not even understand why there children love these horrible cartoons.

Oh and there were some good shows for early-mid 2000 that I thought was great, I would like to mention some of these shows, because to find these shows were really a treat:

Batman Beyond. (Ecspecially Return of the Joker.)

Justice League.(First three seasons.)

Ed, Edd, n'Eddy. (Borderlining today shows, but a pretty original storyline.) Courage the Cowardly Dog. (Close to borderling it, but still funny the first season or two.)

Spongebob Squarepants. (I know, sucks today, but was really funny BEFORE the movie was made.)

Fairly Odd Parents. (Almost the same reason as Spongebob, but Before 05'/06'.)

Jimmy Nutron. (Was really funny for the longest time, can't remember when it got crappy.)

So yeah I didn't even mention shows from the 90's like Dexter's Labratory, Johnny Bravo, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons, Freakazoid, and Pinky and the Brain. (I think we need to call Stephen Spielburg, he made a majority of the cartoons I just mentioned. :D )

So yeah time to get off of my soapbox. lol. :p

As people have said before, it is made a lot more just for money, then actually being genuinly good, monty python and black adder were great, and they got left behind in this cascade of new S#@t. Or dads army any of those shows were awesome.

Its not just TV though, the real world is revolving around money, politics (god i wish we had a prime minister with enough balls to see the bigger picture and not the immediate gain in money.)

'trees, lets cut down a thousand year old forest and sell it for some profit!'. Green house gases will eventually destroy the ozone layer, and soon we'll be screwed and everyone will think. 'well, maybe we shouldn't have cut down that forest, now we've doomed the next generation.' We'll all realise to late that there is not enough forest, to much polution and rubbish for our world to continue on.

Sorry, i'm done now. :D.

Cheers, Dave.

I'm tired of people without common sense

I don't mean to sound pompous and pretend to be super smart, but most people lack common sense so much, they consider Sun Tzu a genius. I guess he lived among morons and morons continue to read his works.

To know your Enemy, you must become your Enemy.

Opportunities multiply as they are seized.

Build your opponent a golden bridge to retreat across.

Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.

He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot will be victorious.

Pretend inferiority and encourage his arrogance.

All warfare is based on deception.

Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win.

I mean seriously, any person who has common sense and a sound mind can come up with this (that, or I am a friggin genius).

When I look at the world, I sometimes see why the Covies would hate humans.

I have no idea who the Covies are, but I know how they feel.

JUST-CHANGE-THE-CHANNEL!!

JUST CHANGE THE CHANNEL! WATCH SOME OTHER STUPID CHANNEL! OR BETTER YET GET

IRL_the_game.jpg

MEET OTHER TV STUPIFIED PEOPLE IN PERSON! CONTACT STUPIDITY THROUGH CONVERSATION! RAISE YOUR KIDS AND LET THEM EMBRASSE STUPIDITY! AFTER ALLDARE TO BE STUPID!

But no ALL-CAPS please (click the link to laugh).

Where's your show that makes you millions of dollars hmm?

This is food for thought. To me, it tastes like "Just because you don't like it, it doesn't mean it's bad or stupid".

It's really not a our concern what they put on TV for 10 year olds, now is it?

I grew up watching Robocop and the Terminator. Now that I've grown up, I have come to realize how wrong this was. So, it is our concern. I don't want my kids to become too familiar or obsessed with violence.

Michalanthropos said:
I have no idea who the Covies are, but I know how they feel.

"Covies" is a pet name for the Covenant. You know, grunts, prophets, elites and stuff.

I guess the world is changing, to some it is for the better, to others it is for the worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
GMer56 said:
"Covies" is a pet name for the Covenant. You know, grunts, prophets, elites and stuff.

I guess the world is changing, to some it is for the better, to others it is for the worst.

Yeah, covies make sense now. As for the world changing, there's a hellenic (greek) quote. It goes like this. "Kathe persi kai kalytera". It roughly translates as "every last year was a better year". 'Course, I don't agree with this totally. I'm too fond of technology.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back