OMG :( :( :( :( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocknrollcows

Jr Member
omg... after resining/ fiberglassing, i realized the chin area is all lopsided!

please! is there a way to fix it? or am i doomed?

here are pic.

Image025.jpg

i resined/fibered the inside

not after its been glassed, im sure u can man handle it into position, but it might break., and they're be no way of holding it together, cut off the mouth piece and refold.

Rocknrollcows said:
sigh, at least its not a complete phailure :D

im working on a new chin right now.
Pheel Phree to Speel Right tho!!!1!111!!one!!

Anyway, Get some bondo And you could probably fix it

Last edited by a moderator:
DON"T RESTART DON"T RESTART!!! I had the same problem, so I used shears to re-cut the fiberglassed pepakura, held the folds in the proper positions, hot glued the outside and held it as it dried in the proper position, and then fiberglassed the area inside to make it permanent. Then I peeled off the hot glue from the outside and Bondoed! Fixed and it turned out fine. Check out my pics in the post on I think the third page of the pep section. It says LOOK Pep and Glaze helmet

well, u i just attached my new chin.

it looks fine. now. after i add some Spackle and resin, i hope it will look like one piece.

theres a big @ss hole on the right side of the helm. but nothing some filler cant fix :D

Image017.jpg

heres my new helm :p

soz bout the bad res.

its because i still cant find my normal camera :(

its still on the cell.

SPARTAN405 said:
In my opinion the first helmet was a 9 to me. It was a little off but its not a big deal.

thats because of the angle i took the pic at..

in reality, if you looked at it straight on, the chin would look like this. /

yea...

you get the point.

Don't just fill the hole with filler. Glue some cardstock over the inside, resin and fiberglass it, then use filler over the hole to level it. It will be stronger that way.

Rocknrollcows said:
well, u i just attached my new chin.

it looks fine. now. after i add some Spackle and resin, i hope it will look like one piece.

theres a big @ss hole on the right side of the helm. but nothing some filler cant fix :D

Image017.jpg

heres my new helm :p

soz bout the bad res.

its because i still cant find my normal camera :(

its still on the cell.

It's funny how many people say "bad res, lost camera, using phone."

Anyway, from the angle on the first shot, it didn't look to bad. I've seen much worse. Much, much worse. It does look better now though, it was probably a good idea to redo the chin.

Also, please use semi-proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read.

Dont worry sir, I believe that is still repairable. The helmet has hardened, right? Cut off the chin with a Dremel, re-position it with glue to hold it in shape & re-glass it from the inside.

You can also print the chin part in Pep, glue it in place & glass it from the inside.
Hope that helps sir.

Mardon (MLC)
mlcallanta@gmail.com

P.s. - it seems the problem is fixed long before I posted. Sorry my bad & kindly disregard my message above.

Robogenisis said:
It's funny how many people say "bad res, lost camera, using phone."

Anyway, from the angle on the first shot, it didn't look to bad. I've seen much worse. Much, much worse. It does look better now though, it was probably a good idea to redo the chin.

Also, please use semi-proper spelling and punctuation. It makes it easier for everyone to read.

im serious... my camera is still in like baggage claim in Chicago :p

**** United Airlines........ :mad:

oh, and thanks for the tip Chef :D

I doubt anyone will notie it being lop sided, but just be careful with the resin, whatI do to keep it's shape is I resin the inside of the helmet irst, flip the helmet upside down and make it sit in it's dome, then resin everything inside, then flip it over after she dries and resin the outside, it gives the helmet some strength so you dont pressure the chin area and bend it.

hey, another question, i still have alot of fumes inside my helmet.

is there a way to remove that smell? like with some kind of sealant or will it go away eventually?

thanks for all future input!

it is really hard to have a pep that is perfect...that is why they created bondo...to even things out. I am planning to rely on my bondo skills to fix some areas that arent exactly mirrored the same on the other side

well, i have no bondo skills..

but I do have Spackle skills :D

i spackled my helm today, and added some details...

but my helm is still lopsided...

I might sell it once i finish it completely and start anew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back