Omnitrix Any One

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay wont do any good, it needs to be molded, prepare to pay 50-100 dollars for mold supplies.

Plaster cracks easily, it's for filling in cracks in walls, not making props.

LastSpartan said:
Not true. Plaster can be good as one time molds :rolleyes

Molding off of what? A clay model?

Money money money is what you need.

If you don't have money, you won't get far.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes for clay models.

But it is a hard molding material, for like undercuts and such.

And it can be pretty hard to demold (Remove the clay from the mold, and for demolding the next casting, break the mold on the floor lol)

Plaster can be used for casts actually. I've helped make latex masks and we used Plaster for molds. Now after 4-5 casts with latex they were usually scrapped, but it could be done. But yea it was REALLY hard to de-mold (You have to grease up the clay model pretty good before casting) and it is really expensive. Sometimes.....at least $150 a mask assuming you have tools and a armature already. Not to mention that using plaster is VERY DANGEROUS if not used correctly. My friend doesn't have any hair on his right arm because he chose not to read up :p.

Seriously, ask for the toy. When you get older, then join us and have a ball creating armor...

Dreadnought of Fury said:
Plaster can be used for casts actually. I've helped make latex masks and we used Plaster for molds. Now after 4-5 casts with latex they were usually scrapped, but it could be done. But yea it was REALLY hard to de-mold (You have to grease up the clay model pretty good before casting) and it is really expensive. Sometimes.....at least $150 a mask assuming you have tools and a armature already. Not to mention that using plaster is VERY DANGEROUS if not used correctly. My friend doesn't have any hair on his right arm because he chose not to read up :p.

Seriously, ask for the toy. When you get older, then join us and have a ball creating armor...

QFT

If you're parents are fine with spending over $100 on something you could buy at Wal-Mart, don't let us stop you.

Just know that if you don't take every precaution and carefully use the materials, you'll end with a heavily misshapen watch, and possibly a case of lung cancer, if you don't use a respirator.

And not to mention you'll end up having your parents buy from atleast one seller online for molding supplies, clay, or resins/bondo, since minors cannot purchase said items without being 18+ (or so I've heard).

We are not trying to make you down, We are just trying to warn you! Either...

A.) Spend hundreds of dollars, possibly also resulting in a hefty hospital bill
B.) Spend around a hundred dollars
C.) Buy a toy for around $50 that would look better and have functionality

Your choice...

Dreadnought of Fury said:
We are not trying to make you down, We are just trying to warn you! Either...

A.) Spend hundreds of dollars, possibly also resulting in a hefty hospital bill
B.) Spend around a hundred dollars
C.) Buy a toy for around $50 that would look better and have functionality

Your choice...

letsa go wit A lololololololol

[/sarcasm]

Seriously, $50 is a pretty good deal compared to the current proposal.

marinesniper said:
Here is the file good luck with it! http://hosted.filefront.com/marinesniper90/

George

1. That is not your file.
2. It isn't adjustable from it's oval shape, and is, therefore, useless at this point.
3. It has color. Color in Pepakura is bad.
4. The pipes are almost impossible to make in small scale.

Please, post your own work, and don't make it impossible to build.

I looked at the file, and laughed.

It looks nearly impossible to build, and about as possible to wear, IF you could build it properly.

Do I even want to look at that link, or is it meaningless and a way to bump the topic?

I suspect it is simply a research 'site' he made.

sorry for asking, but whats an omnitrix? it certainly isnt from Halo or Star wars or i would know what it is LOL, and yea, if there is a toy out there, i would just buy that, and even modify it if you want.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Do I even want to look at that link, or is it meaningless and a way to bump the topic?

I suspect it is simply a research 'site' he made.
no,an don't know how to make one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back