On A Hunt For Nanosuit Fabric

Status
Not open for further replies.

amdphenomx4

Well, The crysis nanosuit is incredible. It has so many details and the main part is the fabric. If anyone has a link to a stretchable, black fabric that looks very similar to the crysis nanosuit, please post.

i think u could just use synthetic leather but to get the pattern youd have to make it yourself id love to make the nano suit

I started researching how to make one a while back. The best material I found was braided tubing/sleeving (used for wrapping cables neatly together). That project took a back seat to my Mark VI suit. I might get back to it, but if you want to pick up where I left off, I put my notes up in my blog: nanosuit.blogspot.com.

sleeving-lg.jpg

there are shirts and pants that sport people wear and you can stretch them out to like 2 times the original size for a perfect fit , try your local sports store for some like this

147193.jpg

just ask for a Lycra sport suit , it should be a good material for the nano suit

hope this helps

Ah lycra body suit was another thing i needed. How are they for sewing? Oreo, did you ever try black on black? Also, what is the sleeving made of? Do you have any information on it or a closeup picture?

Working on the helmet in pepakura as its the only real way. Sad thing is theirs so many tabs some overlap. My next few weeks of life are going to be of cutting and folding.

That tubing comes in black. White was the quickest to find sample image. Look at the blog, and you'll see black on black. You'll get an almost 3d effect if you put something gray through the black tubing.

Does anyone have a model of the solid parts of the suit? If I must, clay and scaling is an option. But many pieces are very intricate, so a base would help. Oreo, were the cable sleeves stretchy?

I have a cheap china made office chair that is covered in a fabric that I'd say, is about an 85% match.

I plan on using latex. It will move and twist with my torso and I can sculpt it on my duct tape dummy so it will fit me like a glove. That project will happen in a few months. Good luck with your search.

Bamabat said:
I plan on using latex. It will move and twist with my torso and I can sculpt it on my duct tape dummy so it will fit me like a glove. That project will happen in a few months. Good luck with your search.

I have made a latex jumpsuit. It is pretty slick and easy to make. Details are easy to add.

The white stuff on the pics is baby powder. When I washed it off it's black and nice looking. Pretty comfortable to wear, but keep in mind you WILL sweat in it even when you're cold.

Last edited by a moderator:
tiredofbuttons said:
I have made a latex jumpsuit. It is pretty slick and easy to make. Details are easy to add.

The white stuff on the pics is baby powder. When I washed it off it's black and nice looking. Pretty comfortable to wear, but keep in mind you WILL sweat in it even when you're cold.

Wow, do you have a tutorial on how to make this? Gotta say, I'm impressed.

I do not have a tutorial, but I would be happy to make one later this week. It isn't very hard to make and can make a VERY realistic undersuit. I thought of it a few months ago and made it in a night or two last week. :)

tiredofbuttons said:
I do not have a tutorial, but I would be happy to make one later this week. It isn't very hard to make and can make a VERY realistic undersuit. I thought of it a few months ago and made it in a night or two last week. :)

Ill be watching for it then. The look is awesome!

-Loki

Well, the helmet is going to take a while. Wheres a laser cutter then you need it. This sheet has so many overlapping tabs, its going to be a while. ADHD doesnt help either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back