One more noob, with a pic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arpp

Hello! :D

Thank you for taking the time to read my first post! First thing's first, I'm new to all this and am very excited at the possibilities and prospects that it opens up! I love both Skyrim and Halo equally as much, but am intimidated by making Halo items at the moment.

I took a bit time researching these forums and decided to get my feet wet. I managed to pull together a little something:

Dragon_Priest_Pepakura.jpg

Everything is new to me. Pepakura, resin, fibreglass, filler and painting (painting sorta, dabbled in a bit of Warhammer at one stage of my life). I love the end result even though it is my first project, and even though I see imperfections in it (slightly warped, crappy sanding). And being my first project, there are definitely some things I'd be doing differently the 2nd time around.

Being in Australia, things aren't called the same over here so I ended up getting the wrong product for one thing. However, everything with that should be fine now, I hope.

From here I'd like to do some more Skyrim projects like the Iron Helmet. From what I've read, weapons are harder, and I guess I can understand why, but I would love to move onto that as well.

I've tried looking around on how to get stuff printed to card, not paper (I don't think my home printer will do a good job of card). Does anyone know how I can get the Pepakura files exported as something else, so I can take it to a printing shop and have it done there?

Thank you for your time!

Adam

Welcome. Nice job for that being your first helmet.

I have a super cheap printer that won't print on cardstock either......my solution? Print out everything on regular paper, then make copies using cardstock (I have a scanner, but you could easily take it to a print shop for them to do). Its nice that you still have the regular paper as a sort of mast file....in case you lose pieces, you can easily recopy that single page, without having to deal with resizing everything.

Good work. Like the color :). Remids me of the color set I use for painting stone bases for my miniatures ;P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back