ONI Security Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so I was rummaging through our shop's storeroom when I came across a scrap of laserable plastic. It's what we use when we make signs or classroom labels. It's silver on black so whatever is etched out appears black while the rest remains silver. My boss said it would be fine to do some tests with, so I made another mock up. These are the results. In my opinion, I think these look the best. They're not clear, but they look really slick.

232323232%7Ffp%3B%3C%3A%3Enu%3D3334%3E5%3B%3A%3E8%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3574783%3A99335nu0mrj

I also made a little Dress Uniform nameplate just for fun.

232323232%7Ffp%3B44%3Enu%3D3334%3E5%3B%3A%3E8%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3574788489335nu0mrj

This pic really shows off the silver finish.

232323232%7Ffp%3B96%3Enu%3D3334%3E5%3B%3A%3E8%3B%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3574783%3A9%3A335nu0mrj

For anyone who was wondering, I know I saw a few previous posts, I used my school's shop's Legend Laser Printer. It can do raster and vector. In other words, it can etch and cut. We have two of these guys and they both have awesome resolution. They're really useful tools.

Must... Have... Now!
Shut up and take my money.
should do a run of those ;)

I totally agree with these guys... This is Amazing, I even took some time to draw out a version if you want to try your hand at it. Personally I really like the 1/8" acrylic version, but the silver one if pretty sweet.

I wont hijack your thread with my pics so heres the link.
Halo_Finley_ID_v1

cant wait to see if you'll run these.

Chris

Edit: Oh... Im also really digging that qr barcode thing.

WOW! That looks frickin official!! I love how the silver/black turned out. Looks futuristic and slick!!

For the clear plastic one, have you considered using an enamel or some other paint-type material to fill in the grooves? Kind of like a clear card with black lettering on it or something.

I would kill to have one of these!!

I figure we're likely to see some sort of ID during Forward Unto Dawn. If we do, you must make a copy!!

Haha If you would mass produce and sell them with the buyers Info on it you would make A TON OF MONEY!
If you do May I Have a copy xD
By the way very great job love the clear ones, just makes it look more realistic.
-Bulbxsaur

wow. why hasn't anyone tried doing this sort of thing before. i like that the qr code works. tip of the hat to you sir :)

yes still super impresed i wish i had something like that on hand to work with...oh well
looks amazing!!!

wow. why hasn't anyone tried doing this sort of thing before. i like that the qr code works. tip of the hat to you sir :)

Much appreciated, sir. Btw, I loved your yellow Mk V build. It's always been my favorite helmet, and you nailed it.

Shut up and take my money!
For real though, I would totally commission you to make me 2 ID cards, one clear the other silver and black.
If you are interested shoot me a PM, if not let my inbox remain empty and I won't bother you relentlessly about it haha

Shut up and take my money!
For real though, I would totally commission you to make me 2 ID cards, one clear the other silver and black.
If you are interested shoot me a PM, if not let my inbox remain empty and I won't bother you relentlessly about it haha

+1 for what King said... This is amazing, I would totally purchase two from you as well.

Chris

If you two want one so bad, grow a backbone and make your own.

Easy man this isn't the 501st, there is no need for bashing around here. Some people dont have access to the kind of materials and tools that this guy is making these awesome cards with that requires that type of comment.

On a lighter note nice job with the cards they are really amazing with their detail :D

Totally love the new model man, the black on silver really pops. You need to do a tut on materials and tequniqes :)

Materials are not the problem they can be purchased, the point is none of us have access to a "Laser Printer" otherwise we would have done this allready. And maybe you missed the thread I posted for a sliced ID card so some of us can have something even if Thugzz chooses not to manufacture a dozen or so. Besides whats the worst he can say, No? then we'll be right back to were we started, ghawking at a wonderful work of art.
Now I digress, If you want to continue this argument then fine but lets take this else where rathen polute Thugzz cool Thread.

Chris

the guy who owns a custom photo framing shop has a few lasers (he also laser designs skateboards and in fact laser cut my pistol) anyways he would most definiantly do and sell these on his eBay. i know cuz he asked if people would be interested in the same pistol he made me...lol. however the Op is the owner of the design and therefore has the right to do whatever he wants with it.

back on the topic i prefer the silver on as apposed to the clear

To all those who want to see a tutorial, it may be difficult. My school doesn't really appreciate students sharing machine knowledge like this to anyone who is not paying tuition, lol. I can, however, do a basic tutorial talking about materials and setting up files and whatnot. As far as showing you the machine working, I appologize, but I can't do it. I'll look into doing that in the near future and post it either in here, or starting a new one and linking it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back