Opening Model Voting.

Opening models

• Accurate ODST shoulder pads(Requester: Xtreme Tactics 101)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Accurate ODST Backpack(Requester: ACDCrockr209)

• New Plasma Rifle(Requester: ACDCrockr209)

• Terminator Armor from Warhammer 40K(Requester:Tango 89er)

• HD ODST thigh(Requester:TheRookie)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mc halo3

Ok so a week ago I announced i was becoming a 3d Modeler and had people request the models they want modelled,well today you get to Vote for the model you want most(only 1 shall win) and the model that wins will be modeled and will be presented in another topic.Also the requester of the model will have a short speech given about them.

Please think about your votes,and requesters,you can try and convince people on what to choose,through good manipulation.LOL.

GET VOTING PEOPLE.VOTING CLOSES ON "10TH OF OCTOBER 2009(10/10/09)"

this is breaking my heart... this is the second thread of yours i feel like im pooping on. Im not trying to stalk you, and ruin your threads... but i feel like it needs to be said.

so one week ago, you announced you were going to become a 3d modeler? what does that mean? does that mean "hey im going to start learning how to 3D model" or does that mean "hey i have been learning to Model for a long time, and i am now ready to contribute to the community... with my Modeling skillzzz"?

what all have you modeled so far? is any of it even going to be suitable to use in Pep? if you only dowloaded the program a week ago, i doubt that you have even partially learned the user interface... have you tried modeling even a very simple object and load it into pep to get the idea of what it takes? its not an easy task, it takes alot of practice, and you have to work past all those frustrating moments that are going to slow you down, and make you want to quit....

my point is, your first model is going to suck... my first model sucked, and i am willing to bet that every modeler on this had a terrible first model.... its how it works, you are learning something new, something challenging, and something that alot of people couldnt dream of learning....

so dont come out and say "okay guys, what should i do... im going to model something amazing, i just dont know what" thats called an indecision thread, and we all know those are a no no....

my advice, look around your room, find an object and model it... dont share it with anyone, but save it, then model another object. Spend a good amount of time modeling basic shapes/objects and learn the program. after a few models take a shot at a more complex model, chances are its not going to be pep friendly... at all.

like i said, im not trying to poop on your thread... and im not just throwing random advice at you, a friend of mine who does 3d modeling pretty much told me the exact same thing... and guess what i took the advice. Now i am still a total noob at modeling (dont get enough time to practice/hone the skills) but i can model low detail models that are good friends with pep. so his advice worked for me, i just need to put forth more effort.

P.S. watch/read as many tutorials on 3d modeling as possible, and dont just watch/read them and not follow along in whatever program you are learning, but actually model what they are telling you to.....

also, please dont let me discourage you, i just think you need to slow down and learn the ins and outs before you are taking request and making promises.

I'll bring out what i can to the community,get them to criticize it,try and fix it,spend loads of time perfecting it,then get them to criticize it again and work my way up through the mistakes until its good enough for pep.

Voted, but i have a question. You said that you said last week :eek (wierd sentince but correct!)

that you were becoming a modeler?

How are your modeling skills then to make a accurate prop base like you mentioned in the poll?

i do agree with everyone else though i suggest you start some practice runs before you start making pro models to post ,i read the poll it sayed hi definition odst helmet which will probiby take you 3 months if your new

I'm gonna be honest here. It's going to take a lot of practice before you're good at modeling. I've been using 3d programs for well near a decade (on and off), I work with them for a living at my job, and I don't offer up my services here because there are much better modelers than I around, when it comes to modeling for pep. I'd feel like I was letting the community down if I produced crap models, getting everyone's hopes up, and then someone better would just end up redoing it later on anyway. You're making a bighuge deal about how we should all vote on what you should make, and how you're "just learning", but still trying to involve everyone in your learning process that you admit will take months, when proficient modelers are cranking out models in days, building whatever is requested. I applaud that you're trying to learn how to 3D model, and I hate to rain on parades, but my advice, don't make a big deal about it, lurk in the shadows practicing and learning from someone skilled, and then pop up and surprise everyone with an AWESOME and much-needed model later. Just my 2 cents, no offense meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back