Operation: Reconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphon

Hey guys, Its been a while since I have been active on here and with Reach coming up fast I figured now was a good time to jump back in the warthog. I recently found out that my local Best Buy is having an Opening Night Tournament for the launch of Halo Reach. I also learned that the winners get free copies of Halo Reach. Needless to say, some friends and I are gonna be there. Which brings me to my current project...rebuilding and modifying my old Mk VI armor to fit me. Some of you might remember the suit I made for my High School Prom, for those that don't, here's the original http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/16245-Syphon's-Prom-Suit

Over time this suit has become very beat up, that and I found parts of it that I am not happy with. Here is what I am starting out with:

Completely Gutted Helmet
IMG_4037.jpg

Rest of the Suit
IMG_4038.jpg
IMG_4039.jpg
IMG_4040.jpg
IMG_4041.jpg
IMG_4042.jpg
IMG_4043.jpg
IMG_4044.jpg
IMG_4045.jpg
IMG_4046.jpg
IMG_4047.jpg

As of right now, the boots and thighs are getting completely scrapped and rebuilt and everything else is getting modified and repainted. Starting with the Helmet. When I built it last time I failed to use proper bracing and the helmet became slightly squished as a result. To fix this, I will be cutting the front jaw off and reattaching it.
IMG_4048.jpg

I dont know if you can see the line I have drawn for me to cut on in the picture, but the cut will be right where the jaw meets the housing for the LED lights on the side.

I plan on moving pretty fast on this project since I only have roughly 16 days till Reach launches. Stay tuned.

Finally got some time to post what I have gotten done so far. I have had to change up my plans for restoring my suit however. I have a minor need for speed which got me a speeding ticket, which is cutting into my funds. Because of this I have had to modify my existing pieces instead of making new ones. Anyway...on to the pics!

Helmet after I cut it to adjust size
IMG_4069.jpg
IMG_4070.jpg

Bicep after I trimmed it down for a better fit:
IMG_4073.jpg

Chest Piece after wooden reinforcements and warp fixes:
IMG_4077.jpg

Thighs modified using theater mode and Foamies (those things are awesome):
IMG_4085.jpg
IMG_4083.jpg
IMG_4084.jpg
IMG_4086.jpg

Modified Space Diaper...the front needed to be bigger lol:
IMG_4087.jpg

I still need to resin and paint all the Foamies I have added, along with adding in new LED lights on the legs and replacing the padding and electronics in the Helmet. I am also tentatively planning on creating a H3 Sniper Rifle from a sliced file (L3X's if i remember right), but that depends on time and money left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back