Otafest 2023 Hype Thread Extravaganza

You comin?

• You bet!

• Maybe…

• I have yet to be nicely bullied into attending

Results are only viewable after voting.
So, Trigun has come up in the Discord conversation... Electraknite do you know of something Trigun specific that will be there or just hoping? I rarely come accross Trigun merch at conventions. To be fair, this will be my first anime convention, I normally frequent comic cons. Just curious though if there was like a specific artist or panelist or something related to Trigun?

If it is something you are just always on the look out for I totally get that too. ArcSol 's kryptonite is Vivi and mine is Totoro. :love:

Just under a week until the big meetup day and I wanted to make sure that we have all the things we need for a fun day in the way of challenges for the day and a prize at the end (dinner and drinks).

To start with the prize to entice folks we'd like to have a large group dinner at Soban Korean BBQ again and need a rough headcount to reserve tables. If you would like to see the menu ahead of time it's a good selection of food that's good for sharing, good for sampling as well as having different gluten free and vegetarian options while being under a ten minute walk from the convention center.

If you like the concept of Korean BBQ and are available Saturday at 8PM for a group dinner with lots of friends and goodies to hand out please react with the "Wow" like reaction. If you cannot, please react with the "Angry" reaction. If you want to show emotional support please use like or love but that'd just be confusing if you're in Calgary for the event.

For our challenge I rolled seven d100 for the photo challenge and got the numbers as shown.
1684084603440.png
3. Group Photo, Victory​
24. Costume(s) morning coffee / breakfast​
29. Costume(s) breaching a door​
42. Halo: Making Friends dance​
43. Halo: A.I. in palm (perspective illusion)​
66. JoJo Pose (Index)​
90. Find someone with Sports attire from a different State/Province/Country​

Which admittedly is pretty awesome knowing the group attending. We probably could have knocked this out by accident.

I have possible two more for dinner. Just waiting for confirmation from them! One is an original Snowburner, Peter White.

Awww. @#$%^#$%/ Weekend and Saturday passes are sold out. I had no idea numbers were limited to just 2000 for each day. Now debating if even worth going just on Friday.

Last edited:
Awww. @#$%^#$%/ Weekend and Saturday passes are sold out. I had no idea numbers were limited to just 2000 for each day. Now debating if even worth going just on Friday.
i have a weekend pass that i will not be using i can transfer the name!!!

See? I knew following a convention thread I can't go to would pay off at some point!

edit: According to the ticket they sent me the pass is transferrable

1684111371045.png

according to the website they are not
1684111393376.png

if anyone knows how to change the name that would be great! the link they give goes to the eventbright homepage, which isn't very helpful

edit 2: I can try emailing info@otafest.com to see if I can. Another option is (if ID is not required and access to the email the ticket is attached to is not required) you could just pretend to be me for the weekend? Even if access to the email is required I might be able to auto forward the emails to you.

Last edited:

See? I knew following a convention thread I can't go to would pay off at some point!

View attachment 331322

View attachment 331323
if anyone knows how to change the name that would be great! the link they give goes to the eventbright homepage, which isn't very helpful

edit 2: I can try emailing info@otafest.com to see if I can. Another option is (if ID is not required and access to the email the ticket is attached to is not required) you could just pretend to be me for the weekend? Even if access to the email is required I might be able to auto forward the emails to you.
Send them an email and they're pretty helpful.

View attachment 331322

View attachment 331323

Oh! Well, I am certainly interested! Let me know if they will let you and what u will need from me!

Well damn I surprised that they capped it at 2k ,oh well there will be another time

This thread is more than 11 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back