our Halo Reach Operator and EOD build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well we buy a ton of throw away brushes from dollar tree and for the first coat we only do select portions of the helmet at a time and then use a heat gun on those areas. it only takes a few minutes to cure so we can watch and prevent warping, once we do the full helmet with a thin coat, we apply a heavy second coat and repeat! (and watch for drips!) hope that helps! :D

That helps a TON I guess I might need to purchase a heat gun. Though I still gotta wait for the weather to warm up and stay warm. You guys are a pair of beasts at this. I am loving the progress.

Thanks Cayoke! haha i know what its like to struggle with the cold weather, we are up in the mountains of california and cure times without the heat gun are nearly unbearable for us haha, we bought our heat gun at lowes for roughly 40 dollars, but there are cheaper versions that im sure would still work well :)

IMG_0753_zps00732f64.jpg
start of some bondo work on the chestplate

IMG_0751_zps46459d96.jpg
detail to the front vents of the EOD helmet, yes those are dimes, shame on us!

IMG_0747_1_zpse9de5dae.jpg
more detail to the top of the EOD

Bow chicka wow wow. you guys blow my thread out of the water. It just reinforces the thought that just because we're novices, doesn't mean we cant produce quality work :)

thanks guys! and Merandil its a V3, the stock size it came in was perfect, fits right with my pressure suit perfectly!

been a while since we have posted anything, but we have been keeping busy just the same!

IMG_0931_zpsfcc879a0.jpg

slapped a test fit visor in just to see what it'd look like, barely fits!

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b611/DanielAlfrey/IMG_0925_zpsa25a280d.jpg
getting fancy with the CQC, two coats of primer on it, getting closer to completion!

IMG_0919_zpse55e8e4b.jpg

some progress on the Grenadier chestplate, built the proper neckguard for it finally

IMG_0920_zpsfde41a4c.jpg

thinking about trying the HP/halo attachment for the other chestplate, its only half way done though, we'll see how it turns out.

IMG_0821_zps60d210ba.jpg

a few other things we have been pepping in the meantime!

IMG_0816_zps6ddc3af1.jpg

adding a bit of detail to the EOD visor

if you have any comments or suggestions please post them! thanks :3

Build looks pretty good so far!

Totally looking forward to the finished EOD helmet, I've always been a big admirer of 'em

thanks! we legitimately dont really know what we are doing, but we are just taking it slow and learning as much as we can from the pros around here haha!

Nice work, Alfrey! Don't see too many operator builds, looks like this one will turn out great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back