our Halo Reach Operator and EOD build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0632_zps2aa72e63.jpg
some bondo of the EOD helmet :)

This build looks awesome and your bondo work looks top notch!

Did either of you use any support struts for the helmets? They came out very well.:cool

hey thanks a ton! actually no support struts on either helmet, but we each did two coats of resin on each helmet, and the first coat of resin is applied really thinly to avoid any sagging and such :)

but we each did two coats of resin on each helmet, and the first coat of resin is applied really thinly to avoid any sagging and such :)

What did you apply the resin with? Especially the thin layer! I never seem to have luck with brushes or sponges.

Your build is coming along beautifully. Keep it up!! EOD has always been one of my favorite helmets. Can't wait to see it done.

Rex out.

What did you apply the resin with? Especially the thin layer! I never seem to have luck with brushes or sponges.
well we buy a ton of throw away brushes from dollar tree and for the first coat we only do select portions of the helmet at a time and then use a heat gun on those areas. it only takes a few minutes to cure so we can watch and prevent warping, once we do the full helmet with a thin coat, we apply a heavy second coat and repeat! (and watch for drips!) hope that helps! :D

That's actually a really efficient way of doing it (especially with a heat gun). Up until now I've just kinda thrown it on and crossed my fingers; I'll definitely be stealing it :D

thanks a ton thorn! saw your suit on the internet before i ever built anything, it was one of the suits that eventually made me want to build one myself :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back