Where
Washington State Fair Events Center

When
June 15-16, 2019
Saturday: 9:30am – 6pm
Sunday: 9:30am – 5pm

Tickets
Available here

This will be year two of what was previously called Toy & Geek Festival. Thom A293 may remember trooping with me there last year where we got some awesome photos with Star Wars sets, Transformer vehicles, Army Nat Gaurd, and so much more. It is looking to be even better this year. (I saw they are going to have a 138' bouncy obstacle course!)

In other great news we are expecting to get border jumpers from Delta Battalion to join us for the weekend. CplYapFlip and TurboCharizard will be joining ArcSol and me as we man the Recruitment Booth for the weekend. We are also volunteering to host a panel and if we do then Deaadshot will join us. Anyone else who would like to join us in the panel please post here.

This thread will be used for organization purposes and an after action report.

CplYapFlip and I are confirmed for both days, now the hard part is figuring out which costumes to bring :p

Would you like me to make up a panel announcement image for the Delta/WaBat channels using the template I have PerniciousDuke?

received_1688503491293117.jpeg

It is a great con. It's the perfect mid sized convention. All the stuff with way less crowds.

We'll be doing an Armor Panel
Sunday 11am - Panel Room 1

received_460498581393153.png

Have you ever wanted to build your own armored cosplay? The 405th Infantry Division is the premier community of Halo costume and prop builders. All the information you need to build a costume is online, but it can feel overwhelming to start. This panel is designed to show you the different methods of construction and weigh the pros and cons of each. Start building in confidence with the support of this worldwide community!

Chris Gensey - TurboCharizard aka Skookum Props
Has been building for years and will likely tell you he is still a potato, but this potato has so much love and passion for building and helping builders you can’t help but to take note. He has experience building foam and 3d printed costumes along with anything else he can use. Currently has 3 halo costumes: ODST, Reach CQB Spartan and a Halo Legend’s Daisy.

Emilie Henriksen – CplYapFlip aka Hanamaru Photography
Even though Emilie was introduced to Halo in 2007, she has only just completed her first Spartan in this good year of 2019. It was an arduous journey having done only one or two Armour builds before--though Emilie has made numerous cloth costumes from many fandoms and will probably tell you wearing hard armor is among the most challenging. But, if you’ve seen photos with her in her yellow Reach Spartan you can tell it was all worth it in the end. Yare yare daze.

Sean Gerardi – Deaadshot aka Misriah Designs
Has also just completed his first Halo cosplay, but he is familiar wearing a helmet all day. You may have seen him as Kylo Ren or his many other cosplays including Han Solo and Captain America. Sean’s newest creation is a fully 3d printed Halo 5 Noble armor set. It’s hard to miss this bright green cosplay and we recommend that you ask him all the printing questions you’d like. He’ll be happy to help.

Chris Pense – PernciousDuke aka Pernicious Cosplay
Has been getting as involved in the 405th as he can ever since he found them in 2015. Spent the first two years researching and building his first costume, an orange and white Reach, 100% fiberglass and bondo. His first action as Pacific Regiment Executive Officer in 2018 was to get the group together to build a recruitment booth. Chris has since been loving attending the shows in the area, meeting new people and sharing the joy of this rewarding hobby.

Sadly I will not be able to make it. Helping the fam / dad's birthday. Sorry guys

Visiting BCO's After Action Report
The host Battalion pulled off an excellent show and I can't thank them enough for welcoming us Canadians with open arms into their literal homes. Two members of Delta Battalion joined the Washington Battalion with manning the recruitment booth and sitting in on the discussion panel. I'd like to thank PerniciousDuke for inviting us to participate in a joint operation and the opportunity to go on patrol together.

The convention itself was a little different than the style we're used to in the Delta region. There was a heavy focus on the vendor hall and guest signing aspect as well as many interactive community displays such as hands on military hardware booths. This made for plenty of chances to interact with attendees and various members of the different organizations attending and all seemed extremely excited to have a squad of SPARTAN operatives appear for photo opportunities with them.

From our perspective at the booth there was many people that were excited about joining the 405th and I look forward to all the potential new members to the Pacific Regiment and the Washington Battalion. Hopefully one day we'll meet up again for another joint operation. We met several through the discussion panel and there are definitely skilled armour builders inbound to our forums.

As the visiting BCO I will leave the full debrief to the hosting BCO, PerniciousDuke and the media uploads to ArcSol who managed to capture a wide array of photos and videos of our squad in action. As promised CplYapFlip will provide an After Snack Report to discuss the odd American food that we were treated to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back