Pacific Regiment Booth Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many M6Gs do you need? Like three?

Also I can post here now.

Well that's cool!

I'd be good with two at the most. And if you're planning on painting them I'd say one should be fresh off the bed to show as an example.

That was the plan, one printed, one glued and one disassembled. One painted and one glued but not cleaned up should get the point across though.

Hey, PerniciousDuke, I was browsing the Pacific threads and thought to tell you that I can work with wood and I have made a wooden weapon case that we can display at the booth! I live in LA, so it'd be for local cons unless I come up north. I'm painting it a deeper shade of green, and adding decals. If it's something you think we can use, let me know. If so, I'll spray it with fire retardant.

Hey, PerniciousDuke, I was browsing the Pacific threads and thought to tell you that I can work with wood and I have made a wooden weapon case that we can display at the booth! I live in LA, so it'd be for local cons unless I come up north. I'm painting it a deeper shade of green, and adding decals. If it's something you think we can use, let me know. If so, I'll spray it with fire retardant.

That's very cool Indigo! You'd be welcome to bring it to any show we had a physical presence at. I'm up in WA though so unlikely I will be luggin the booth any further south than OR. I'm also hopeful that I can get other members to run point on having con presence without me. If that's something you're interested in PM me and we can figure that out. Welcome to the regiment!

Wow - that case looks amazing! - I may need to talk to you when I make one for my SPNKr

Wow - that case looks amazing! - I may need to talk to you when I make one for my SPNKr
Sure thing! Thank you! I gave it a fresh coat of paint today, and I'm adding stickers / decals tomorrow! It really wasn't too difficult. Hit me up if you'd like to know how I did it! (I'm making a thread about it soon anyways)

Ever since Asgardianhammer posted his wonderful creation on here, I know many of you have had been rolling the idea over in your head, "Why can't we have that?" Well, we can. I am going to make it.

But, I want all those ideas rolling around your head on how we can make it the best it can be! Asgardian has paved the way. Let us build upon his idea and make it special to the Pacific Regiment as well.

For those of you that need a refresher this is his creation (link above).
View attachment 255032 View attachment 255033

What are some things you could suggest? Really anything, big or small, design or functionality. The final decision will come down to those spending money and significant time into its construction because they will know what they can afford.

Here's an idea of something to the design: mblackwell1002 thinks the weapon rack could utilize some more halo aesthetics. He's proposing adding a weapon rack like the one below. Together we'll flush out the idea and see if it can stick.
View attachment 255034

Here's an idea of something to the functionality: I'd like to have space behind the monitor to put up a whiteboard. This will allow us to leave information for each other at conventions, such as upcoming photoshoot times, contest times, group meals, etc.

Aesthetics Ideas:
New weapon rack
Inifinity Table
Mesh Shelves
405th/UNSC Flag
Light-up AI figure
More recesses with chamfers

Functionality Ideas:
Whiteboard and room for event programs
Fireproof
Sheet metal with holes for shelves
Wheels on the main box
built-in card/flyer holders
Mic on PC to use Cortana interface

Future Purchases:
miniprojector for backdrop
End of day cover
custom printed cardboard boxes
I was thinking we could even get one of those sweet glowy "briefing tables" constructed, with the LEDs and acrylic sheet, kinda like the one from the Anvil Station booth at Outpost Discovery Anaheim! Id be more than happy to pitch in for supplies and help build it or anything else we come up with!

CobaltEclipse I love that you and indigoD0g are looking at making a recruitment booth. It is a really fun way to experience conventions.

I've updated the first post in this thread to link to my build thread where we actually made this booth. Indigo has inspired me to revisit it as well and make sure it is an easy blueprint to follow. You guys could of course go different directions with it. I too wanted to do a light up acrylic table top, but I could not find anyone that could etch that big of plastic. Sounds like The Tiny Geek might be able to help you out there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back