Props Paintball Assault Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
ODST 276 said:
Now that is awesome.Really neat.How big is your barrel?

thank you!

The barrel is around 10 inches. It was the standard barrel in the gun.

Last edited by a moderator:
what flashlight did you use becasue I need one for my buzz bee assault rifle. I think itt was a mini maglite but im not sure.

party pooper said:
what flashlight did you use becasue I need one for my buzz bee assault rifle. I think itt was a mini maglite but im not sure.

I bought the flashlight at Wal-Mart.

uhm, I don't remember much because I threw out the packaging but I know it last's 200 hours on one pair of batteries, is water, shock resistant.

and it cost me around $23.

very bright and good flashlight :p

** Update! **

alright so, I installed the ammo counter screen and trigger.

now everytime I press the paintball gun trigger, the counter trigger behind it counts one down. I was going to make a video but I had alittle problem holding the whole thing, holding the camera and just not a good idea for now. I will definatly make a video of me shooting the gun and maybe playing paintball in it since my friend might have a videocamera at the game. I simply modded the the inside of the handle by cutting off some aluminum pieces meant for an e-grip ( which I don't have ) so cutting it off shouldn't affect the gun at all. Here's a picture. I used an actual camera, not my crappy DSi lol

IMG_0001.jpg

how I made the screen was trace the shape of it on cardstock, cut it out, traced it on heavy duty plexi glass, roughly cut it with a band saw and sanded it down with a belt sander until I got it down to perfection. I then made another outline out of cardstock, painted it black and glued it from the side, just it didn't fall. I then Glued the counter around the painted paper piece, everything is suprisingly sturdy. Before I installed the counter onto the screen, I soldered everything quite strongly, but I just need to replace the switch with a bigger and stronger one because I think there's something loose inside the piece. So, I'm off to do that soon! I'm planning on having the reload button near the paintball hopper so everything is close to eachother and I don't have to really think of going all the place if I'm getting shot and having to reload.

Here are some pictures of the counter, the top is ontop of the main reciever:

IMG_0003.jpg

close up:

IMG_0006.jpg

I'm coming near completion, I have to make a secure way to attach both the top and bottom. Mod the hopper ( which I will put an update on once I'm finished with it), AND install the new on/off switch.

thank you for reading :p

mustang2500 said:
Hey! I just noticed you have the same gun as me! :D

Came along pretty nice! I hope it doesn't fall apart on you...

It's a pretty sturdy thing, just the top is what I'm worried about. Maybe Heavy Duty velco? haha I'm not sure.

do you have the Alpha Black?

if you ever want to install an ammo counter to your gun, shoot me a PM haha :p

MikyVengeance said:
It's a pretty sturdy thing, just the top is what I'm worried about. Maybe Heavy Duty velco? haha I'm not sure.

do you have the Alpha Black?

if you ever want to install an ammo counter to your gun, shoot me a PM haha :p

Yep, I bought the Alpha Black Tactical in America during the summer. Getting across the border was pretty fun.

Officer: "Any tobacco or alcohol in the vehicle?"

My Dad: "No sir."

Officer: "Do you have any firearms or weapons?"

My Dad: "Uhh... no?"

Anyways, I don't think I'm gonna get one for paintball. Eventually however I'm getting one for my AR.

Don't worry thatdecade, I'm a little short on money right now...

Also, I made a pretty cool mod to the shroud. I'm going to make a topic about it right now.

mustang2500 said:
Yep, I bought the Alpha Black Tactical in America during the summer. Getting across the border was pretty fun.

Officer: "Any tobacco or alcohol in the vehicle?"

My Dad: "No sir."

Officer: "Do you have any firearms or weapons?"

My Dad: "Uhh... no?"

Anyways, I don't think I'm gonna get one for paintball. Eventually however I'm getting one for my AR.

Don't worry thatdecade, I'm a little short on money right now...

Also, I made a pretty cool mod to the shroud. I'm going to make a topic about it right now.

haha, I had to order mine off of Amazon :p

definatly do it :p

Great job so far Miky! Now you gotta remember when you reload, you count 60 balls, not 61, or else..well it just screwed up! :p

I'm gonna have to put that link on my phone and show my buddy at work.

Hikuro said:
Great job so far Miky! Now you gotta remember when you reload, you count 60 balls, not 61, or else..well it just screwed up! :p

I'm gonna have to put that link on my phone and show my buddy at work.

thank you! :) Huge inspiration :)

I have a tactical paintball vest so I have 10 pods that have a 100 pb capacity but I will count them to 60. If I miscalculate I can easily see if there are pb's by just shaking the hopper :p

thanks once again

landothespartan said:
Um... you forgot the Google Video link :p

haha I didn't forget about you :p

I tried uploading the video last night but the uploader didn't let me log in D: I will try to get it for today :)

Well, no problem, as long as you tried. I can understand that sometimes teh interzebz act stupidly. Especially when Microsoft is behind it.

MikyVengeance said:
I also saw an awesome flashlight at a store. It looked perfect but I was wondering if it would be hard to extend the button of the flashlight to somewhere on the body of the gun so I can easily access it.

any good comments, tips or advice is much appreciated :)

I'ts not hard you just need some cm's of copper wire to extend from inside the flashlight to the button outside it.

(sorry if you see this as spam as you posted the question 2 months ago. :) )

*sigh*

so I went paintballing,

took out the gun, everything worked really nicely.

counter, flashlight and all.

I took the gun to check my velocity and the thing wouldnt shoot.

I had a gun pro friend of mine take a look at it and he said something in the air chamber was totally dead, so I had to get a rental.

and he said it would cost a ton of money to fix it and such.

so basiclly, I will be leaving this project alone until I get enough money for make a shell out of plastic, and possibly better marker inside.

Hopefully they will be cheaper in the future.

thanks to all for giving advice and staying with me :p

I will think of some new and inovative ideas for the gun and hopefully it doesn't break on me :(

I agree. It is a day of many sad faces. Weird thing is mine is a little jammed up too, since I made the SIR for mine... I don't think it's broken though. I hope.

MikyVengeance said:
*sigh*

so I went paintballing,

took out the gun, everything worked really nicely.

counter, flashlight and all.

I took the gun to check my velocity and the thing wouldnt shoot.

I had a gun pro friend of mine take a look at it and he said something in the air chamber was totally dead, so I had to get a rental.

and he said it would cost a ton of money to fix it and such.

so basiclly, I will be leaving this project alone until I get enough money for make a shell out of plastic, and possibly better marker inside.

Hopefully they will be cheaper in the future.

thanks to all for giving advice and staying with me :p

I will think of some new and inovative ideas for the gun and hopefully it doesn't break on me :(

hay, i have 12 paintball guns 10 of which are tippmanns and 1 that is an alpha black, and it sounds like your gun wouldn't be that

expensive to fix, so don't get to discouraged.

i wish i could be there to help you man, i fix my friends paintball guns all the time.

what does it sound like when you hook up your co2 tank and shoot?

---joe---

Actually, I think shmalofan might be right. The Alpha Black isn't really the most complex gun out there. From what I've seen from disassembling them, the parts are pretty simple. If you find out which part isn't working, I doubt it will cost a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back