Painting Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've modified a version of armor that is out there. The version I got was broken into a million pieces, so a lot of this is having to be made from scratch. Most of it is bondo, so it is REALLY heavy. Dunno, I guess I'll have to live with it.

I also picked up a helmet from a member here, and I'll be modifying that just a little. (because when i got it, it was in such great shape, and great quality)

who cares if its heavy, master chief dosent wear plastic armor. But your armor looks so awesome! good job.

Looks good Adam... Did you do the paint job on the chest?

I also picked up a helmet from a member here

Ahhh... does that mean you dont want one of mine anymore?? : )

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, when all is said and done, i'll have 3 helmets, plus one of yours if you let me.

Good for testing out paint techniques on.

I need to take some pictures of my armor in the daylight. the flash bulb makes them look like crap. I already sanded down the chest piece, and starting cutting out the "rib grooves"

I'll update when I can.

I like the dirty look.. Did you mix in some browns, leather colors, or is it all greens. I'm color blind, just to remind you.

as soon as I reach a place where I'm happy with what I'm doing, I'll video tape a (real quick) tutorial on it.

Theres no copying when making replicas, and posting tutorials in forums. It's a community effort.

We're all copying the same thing, dude.

that weathering on the edges in silver done with the pen really draws it all together, that is a neat trick, cause thats where all the wear and tear is, is on the edges and surfaces that stick out, id encourage u to stick to the logical basics when painting, as they often make a simple suraface look the best, make teh edges and raised surfaces scraped, scuffed up and lighter in color, and make the recesses, smoother and darker in color, it'll look great, ha it already does, nice job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back