Papercraft and armour making

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Link.

Yep. I gotta a big box of the stuff.
Pretty much proof of concept right there..:D
I'll reinforce the back and filler/detail the front. Then do the rest.
Job Done.. :D

Sean Bradley said:
VERY VERY nice!

I've been wanting to see this done, the breakdown of the in-game model into patterns. We've seen others that have done this:

7520280f2c.jpg

I'd love to see more parts when you get to them, and thanks for submitting your pattern too. I think that will help everybody out!

-Sean

wowo thats like...one of the best suits ive seen

Last edited by a moderator:
Encryption Code: Red

Public Key: NO FILE: SEE CLASIFICATION

To: All UNSC Ships

Subject: REVERSE ENGINERING

Classification:EYES ONLY TOP SECRET (SECTION III X-RAY DIRECTIVE)

/file extraction-reconstitution complete/

/start file/

here is my plasma pistol for those who want a look the mesh is taken direcly from the halo 1 game engine.

this took about 5 hours and a spool of scotch tape. it is stuffed with Kleenex to give it that solid feel.

IMG_0501.jpg

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

/end file/

/scramble-destruction process enabled/

Nice one for you first attempt, id say take alittle more time on the next one and use foam board or cardboard. Its easier to fiberglass.

Try posterboard next time you do this, it's thicker and cheap enough that you won't have to spend much to get a complete supply.

It looks to be scaled a little large. Thats fine, but before you finalize anything you might want to reduce it by 10 percent.

Encryption Code: Red

Public Key: NO FILE: SEE CLASIFICATION

To: All UNSC Ships

Subject: RE: REVERSE ENGINEERING

Classification:EYES ONLY TOP SECRET (SECTION III X-RAY DIRECTIVE)

/file extraction-reconstitution complete/

/start file/

@ Chewdog i just got bored and made a plasma pistol because i could and i wanted to test the auto unfold thing in pepakura.

@JediFraz i actually used a 1:1 scale it is 34 cm long.

@Sean i might if i can find a suply but remember this is Juneau and supplies are limited. most of the time i make models out of cut up file folders.

/end file/

/scramble-destruction process enabled/

Okies. It's been a loong weekend but I have more progress.

Helmet and backpack.

http://www.JediFraz.com/Images/ProjectSpar...met/Helmet.html

I was quite suprised by the smallness of the backpack comapred to the size of the helmet. That thing is huge. I'll need to make sure of the dimensions before I continue. Although it doesn't look that bad when comapred to the chest armour.

Suggestions, comments?

wow, amazing. That is very cool. Helmet may be a little large though, can't tell right now. Maybe it's just because there are no arms yet.

awesome work.

The helmet size in centimetres is 33.2x28.9x42.2.

From what I gather the 'actual' size is 31.9x27.8x40.6. So it's not too far out.

TBH. The whole thing was a bit of a learning process. Next time It shouldn't take the better part of a weekend to make a helmet.

Im not really sure how Im gonna finish it yet.

Either I varnish it and pull of a mould to cast a plaster positive. Once I have that then I can build up and /or Dremel in the details. Then use the finished plaster as a form for vacforming.

Or, I fibreglass it and detail it afterwards. Problem is I've never done any fibreglassing. I'd heard some horror stories about how difficult/unpleasant it is.

Since I do cons as part of a ALIENS marine group. One of the guys who has an Alien costume is wanting to do an Elite. So, I thought it'd be cool to make a few sets so im not there by myself. Safety in numbers you know.? :)

Okies from extracting the model, converting them to 3ds and opening them in PePaKuRa and specifying the assembled sizes.

I used the M6D-26.7cm, Ma5B-87.6, M90-118.1,Sniper-187.5 and Rocket Launcher-134.9. I get an average scaled size of 30.342

This puts the Master chief H2 model at 2m19 tall, Or 7'2''. Which ties into what Ive read around.

Edit:
Here's the PePaKuRa file for the entire chest. 1:1 sized for A4 landscape paper. You should be able to rightclick save as.
http://www.JediFraz.com/Hosting/Misc/SpartanChest.pdo

Fraz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back