Papercraft and armour making

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope, Im at work on a govt comp, no installing programs on it. LOL

I guess Ill have to wait until this weekend when I get home on my new comp.

hey jedi can you enter the rest of the mjolnir armor onto this thread, hundreds of people will find this extremley useful, ive made the crotch, chest and biceps already and its only been 2 days

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only post them at the rate Im doing them... Work this week's been really busy.. You could always try using PepaKuRa Yourself....*shrug*

Im hoping for more progress this weekend. My helmet and chest needs to be redone to the correct scale, as the previous one is too big. Then I'll do the groin and biceps myself. Since I've not had the time...

How did you get them all done that quickly? It took me ages to cut out the card and glue it together. The chest front alone took me 6 hours plus..

Let's see some pics of the biceps and crotch. Im interested to see how they turned out..

Fraz

Fraz did you have a copy of the .pdo for the helmet (since you already made one) or do you still need to get towards it because it's a different scale?

When I did the helmet I was using the shareware version. So I couldn't save it. Id have to redo it. And then rearrange each facet onto a separate sheet of A4, making sure there's no flap overlaps or page breaks in inconvenient locations. That's what takes the time. The larger helmet took 25 sheets of A4.

Like I mentioned, If I get around to it. I'll do it this weekend. It's not that Im holding out on you guys. It's just the templates don't exist yet.

I didn't mean to sound impatient. I'm just happy that you are willing to share... So it prints out on 25 sheets of 11"x8" paper? I'm guessing the A4 is a cardstock type of paper (yes I'm that stupid).

What about when you are putting it all together. Is it labeled so that you know what goes where? Or is it like putting a puzzle together?

S'Ok Frizzlefry. Wasn't your post that wound me up.

From http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html

A4 - 210 × 297 (in Millimetres)

It's the standard business paper size here in the UK. If the US paper size is different then the part layout will need to be changed accordingly in PePaKuRa. The webpage above has magnification sizes to adjust to different page sizes. e.g 141% A4 -> A3

That's what I'm doing! Printing is lightly out on regular paper and then using other materials to do the construction. Wooo!! This is a wicked program! Now I can use my 3DS Studio Max skill-z. Now I can print off huge scale mustangs that aren't available as plastic models.

Frizzlefry said:
What about when you are putting it all together. Is it labeled so that you know what goes where? Or is it like putting a puzzle together?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone here could use a little dose of patience. JediFraz is doing this for himself and sharing the results with us out of the goodness of his heart. :heart: (y) You should all relax a little and let the man work at his own pace, lest he become frustrated with your demands. I know all too well how frustrating it can be to pour hours into projects to share on the site just to get the 'great, now do this' response.

I'm just as eager to see this stuff myself. I have my own set of patterns that I made from scratch and I'm curious to see how they measure up to the game model that he's generating with Pepakura. But We should give him some room to breathe and approach this the way that he wants to without being bogged down by too many requests.

Also as Jedi mentioned, any of you out there could start doing this yourself too. He's given you links to the same tools that he's using. Why not give it a shot yourself?

BTW Jedi, I hope you know how wonderful it is that you're doing this. There have been a few efforts here and there to try to unfold and pattern the in-game model, but nothing nearly as successful as this. Youare also to be commended for sharing this all with the armor community.

When you are though I'm going to nominate you for a medal honor for your generosity.
;-)

Thanks Sean. Sense of Perspective just when it was needed..:)

Fizzlefry, there's an option called Edge ID that lets you line up the edges numbers when your assembling it...

Course I didn't find that out until *after* spending hours jigsawing the helmet together..:)

Cool, I will definately check this out on my home PC later on tonight.

Like Sean said, thanks a ton for your efforts. It is amazing seeing the graphics from the game IRL.

So I've been meaning to ask, is this a Halo 1 or Halo 2 copy?

**Edit to prevent double post**

Holy crap man, I just downloaded that software and was playing around with it a bit. This is a super cool program. Talk about cutting out all of the leg work, it's ridiculous!

You say card stock glues together well making it pretty sturdy too? Just crazy.

I'm working on the belt at the moment. Had to go out and buy a ink cartridge. Got all the pieces cut-out and traced on to my cardboard. The copies are Halo 2 templates.

HOLY PAPER CRAFT BATMAN!!! wow for some reason i have never even seen this topic, so i clicked on it and read every post and WOW this si the coolest thing ever, i wish i would of seen this earlier DANG!!! o well this is so awesome, but we still need to figure out if there is a way or a visor that will fit in this helmet becuase if one dose, wow then i would add this to the ...i would tell them to add thsi to the tutorial asap, now with these templatees anyone can make a suit, but then everyone would have the same suit and be like what the heck? but ya. woah long post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back