Foam Pattern edit for Mark VI - TEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apeiron

Hi guys, so I am currently patterning Mark VI (basically I took the patterns in the Armory) and I decided to make the patterns even easier. I did put notes inside in order to know what cuts to do, let only left side of some pieces (so you just flip the pattern for the other side) and I just wanted to know three things.

1) Do you like that/Do you find that easier?
2) Have I scaled the forearm properly? (Pepakura displayed it diagonally)
3) How the hell am I supposed to rotate text in Pepakura 4?! :D

Thanks for the feedback. It was a fast job, just to show what I have in mind, essentially to learn, if it's even worthy. For example, when I was making Iron Man Mark IV, I had tons of these in my (bought) patterns, and I wanna know your opinion.

Also, sorry for my lack of proper English, sometimes I get really restless and unable to focus. Also, I am new to this thread thing, so sorry if something's not up to certain standards.

Attachments

• Forearm [SCALED + FOAM NOTES].pdo
    419.8 KB · Views: 172
Personally when I build with foam I just have the computer out for reference, so I don't have to figure out where each piece goes by eye. I wouldn't find notes super helpful but it certainly doesn't hurt to have them. It would defiantly be beneficial to have someone's opinion other than mine though.

I also have no idea how to rotate text lol

Unfortunately pepakura doesnt have a good way to rotate text. If you really wanted to do this, you could always make a custom texture for the model itself, but that seems like it would be very hard to do and a lot of extra work. Pepakura itself draws different lines (be it solid, dashes, dots, etc) to tell the user what they need to do, but for a foam conversion specifying the angles of levels or type of cut can be very helpful, especially for a new user. Any instruction is always helpful, even if it's only good for a few people, so this would be very much welcome! I cannot veiw the file itself right now to confirm with you scaling or how it looks, but more accessible files like these could be wonderful!

Unfortunately pepakura doesnt have a good way to rotate text. If you really wanted to do this, you could always make a custom texture for the model itself, but that seems like it would be very hard to do and a lot of extra work. Pepakura itself draws different lines (be it solid, dashes, dots, etc) to tell the user what they need to do, but for a foam conversion specifying the angles of levels or type of cut can be very helpful, especially for a new user. Any instruction is always helpful, even if it's only good for a few people, so this would be very much welcome! I cannot veiw the file itself right now to confirm with you scaling or how it looks, but more accessible files like these could be wonderful!
Oof, sorry for getting so late to you, had quite some work because of school... Actually, my girlfriend has bought me ArmorSmith from Armored Garage, so I can get deeper into the 3D models et cetera (when I actually learn how the program works). I am working on Mark VI, and the forearm is tilted for some reason. If you take a look at it, it's not completely straight and the scaling done on it is basically useless. Shame this thread died, but as I'll be creating the suit and confering in ArmorSmith, I should be able to roll out everything I can. Angelegend's videos on YouTube are particularly helpful and I like them, but I personally do not like to watch a vid in order to be 100% sure where to make an inward and where and outward cut. I might actually roll out the patterns in PDF, I'll see.
As for now, thank you for your replies, stay safe and healthy ❤️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back