PEPAKURA ARMOR IN THE MAKING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEy guys. I love this new website theme! When I was at school, it was still theold one and when I came home, :) Anyway I'm hoping to sand the helmet down and perhaps even bondo today so i can start the sanding and fine detailing soon!

Back when i was a kid Pluto was a planet, there were only 150 pokemon, and we didnt have fanchy shmanchy detailed pepakura files... lol. Im only kidding with you. Looking really great so far. Keep up the great work.

Darthcalibar said:
Back when i was a kid Pluto was a planet, there were only 150 pokemon, and we didnt have fanchy shmanchy detailed pepakura files... lol. Im only kidding with you. Looking really great so far. Keep up the great work.

Same same and thanks! Anway the helemt is all sanded and I am starting the bondoing tmrw :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm at school right now but I plan on finishing the hlmet today or tomorrow and I'll finish up the boots and chset too over the March Break :) SOOOO I plan on bondoing the entire helmet and sanding it today. Then I'm going to tak emy helmet to my xbox, where I will go into theatre mode and draw on details with perm markers. Finally, I will use a spinning disc thing to cut the details out of the bondoooooo. Aftert this I will spray my elmet black, then I will spray the outsie green, touch up with balck and green for weathering, make the bbreathing tubish things black, decide if I want LEDs, wait for my second visor, cut the second to make the deignededed visor and insert. Iwill use blak rubber lining to plub up any awkward spaces near the visro, and will add black cushony foam inside so the fiber glass SPEARS inside don't hurt my head.I will then add bike helmet padding and buy a balaclava that can cover my head neck and part of my chst with black nylon. I will put on the helmet and take a phottoooo. Any way how should I set up the LEDs? SHould I just have them coming out of the helmet or shuold I have glass c=going over top of them? I am thinking about choosing bright sky blue LEDs.

spartan 300 said:
Nice work with your pep helmet. I really like the motorcycle sheild, is it an HJC Motorcycle shield?

No, its an EXO 400-700 series golden eer clear fog f ree shield. And thanks. I bondoed half my helmet and I'm going to snad it then bondo the rest.

Basically, I didn't put enough ahrdener in the fiber resin so it took way longer to cure and the glue separated in parts but it's all fixed up. Also, I didn't put enough hardener in the bondo, so the helmet is taking a LONG time to hardens (been 2 days), but its slowly finishing. iguess since there is sol ittle hardener included with supplies, I'm trying to salvage what I have. Oh well I'll use more next time. Anyway:

Here are some moer pics of what's going on over here:

12040zo1.jpg

Non-bondoed side of helmet. EDIT: Why is there butter in this pic? o_O

12041gh1.jpg

Still-drying bondoed side of the helmet. Also unsanded.

12042il1.jpg

Top.

12043eb1.jpg

Front-a-la-side.

12044ir9.jpg

Under the brim details. I decided to covere tyhem and disc sand the design out instead here.

12045rk6.jpg

Side details. I decided to covere tyhem and disc sand the design out instead here. <- yes this is the exact same as before as you can tell from the same spelling mistakes which, no I will not fix because I am lazy which is why I recopied that part for this pic description and now I just wasted more time and effort than it would have taken in the first place :cautious:

12046dg4.jpg

Masterchief showing some skin while playing halo.

12047hx4.jpg

Master chief showing his very hairy arm while checking out his left hand hand-plate.

12049eh2.jpg

Back piece.

12050rx5.jpg

Front piece + dirty sock. Ew.

I could only piut 10 pics oin one part so here:

12051yy8.jpg

Feets. The four circular indent pieces aren't attached, when they are itll look better.

12052gv0.jpg

Combination of last three things zoomed out more.

lawzy said:
looking good wats up next on your list

I don't know. I think I'm going to finish these helmet body adn feet now fully so they can join my hand plates in the done section, then I'll add buckles and stuff and make my pieces wearable, and by then, the bicep pieces will come out an dI'll finish those off. I don't know when the rest will be done from there tho because the pep files rnt done :cautious:

Primal Weyland said:
I hate to say it but I think those handplates are a tad too small...

Oh well I made them a little bigger than my hands, but I guess the gloves are too big. However, the hand plates don't really matter. I think Imade them pretty well and if they're 1cm too small, w.e, they'll look fine with the forearm piece next to them.

PS the gloves are when laid out: 12 cm wide and 25 cm long, while my hand plates are 9.5 cm by 9.5 cm. When I am wearing the gloves, they are stretched upward and become only 10 cm wide.

In conclusion,I am probably just taking bad angled shots. When more is done, I'll take a body pic and you can see how big they are :)

Ok ay, well I bondoed the otherside of my helmet and the bondo was pink this time, not grey. It turns out I had to knead the hardener cause mine came out liquid and it wasn't sposed to be like that .... WEll yeah I'm not adding pics, if you want to see how it looks like, taek the pother photos, flip em in photoshop, then imagine theyre pink. Anyway, it dried in like 30 mins. Tommorrow I'll erbondo the other side, sand, fix up small part with bondo, sand, then detail and sand. I might get to paint tomorrow I duno. Depends on how much I get done.

Now i rebondoed the weird-grey side and started to make a rough sanding job over the helmet. Also, I sanded my finger, which hurts and mmust heal before I continue. I think it's looking great now :) Since I am me, I will probably heal in an hour and can go back to sanding. Then I can make bondo touchups, sand, draw details on with perm marker, cut them out with a sanding disc thing and paint the whole thing black.

lawzy said:
ye black is the best colour i think it makes masterchief look more mysterious but thats just my opinion

No I didnt mean Im going ot paint it black. How I paint it is : black, green, black spots rubbed around then I paint the green in too dark spots with a brush.

Both the biceps are done and are awaiting resin, but I'm not going to do that until the helmet is completely finihsed!

EDIT:

Mar 29: Since no one is posting on my forum any more (since it got moved to pepakura and cardboard armor), I have to edit this into this post so I don't double. mY helmet is almost ready for painting as all I have to do is tear out my old hose inserts and add new ones. When sanding, it takes a long time to get perfectly smooth surfaces, and I decided the little spots that dip in a bit are going to be left for three reasons:

1) It makes it look more real.
2) It's easier (but this isn't the point).
3) It will be filled in by my 4 coats of paint anyway.

Does anyone know what Adam paints onto his armor for shine?

UDPATE! Ok so after a very long time I have pitcures! These are those biceps I said I finished on the first day:

13003ck3.jpg

Right Bicep

13004qo1.jpg

Right Bicep

13005ud8.jpg

Left Bicep

13006ah0.jpg

Left Bicep

Some accesories:

13007oj4.jpg

The visors (on in the back is purplish so I'm getting a new one.

13008vj8.jpg

The old and new hose inserts for the mouth. All I bought was washing machine tubing from Canadian Tire. I t was like 3$. As you can see, the new one eats the old one.

For the helmet and handplates, I still need to cover them with some waterproof protective gloss. Also I need to add the insidehelmet liner, the LEDs and the visor. Please leave comments and tips. I still have to touch up on some painting too.

Helmet Pics: (remember the flash of my camera takes away from the greeness.

13009wf2.jpg

Side view.

13010xs1.jpg

Front View.

13019fw3.jpg

Back view.

13020vl8.jpg

Top view.

13021uv8.jpg

Under the brim details.

13022ey0.jpg

Front. Close-up.

13023jv3.jpg

LED spot and tubing that needs repainting.

13024um7.jpg

Side view.

13026st1.jpg

Diagonal view.

13027zm6.jpg

Under diagonal view.

13011dq1.jpg

Good front view.

13012rt5.jpg

Weird detail things beside visor.

13013tb1.jpg

Tubing.