Pepakura Helmet Done Finnally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you finished? You're not even going to Bondo it? If your not, bad mistake, might as well give up on making it, because (not to be mean or hateful) in it's current state, you'll just get laughed at, to say the least...

Yeah I would definitely redo. Think of this one as a learning process. ;) What type of glue did you use in the first place?

I have to agree. In its present state, you are going to be laughed at ... most likely by your friends. I suggest strengthing it with rosin and fiberglass (or even hot glue) and using it as a display. Try making something like the Mach V before trying the Mach VI. Much simpler ... Good try though.

- Adulese

Adulese said:
I have to agree. In its present state, you are going to be laughed at ... most likely by your friends. I suggest strengthing it with rosin and fiberglass (or even hot glue) and using it as a display. Try making something like the Mach V before trying the Mach VI. Much simpler ... Good try though.

- Adulese
I did its like plastic now and mark v helmet is two small

Last edited by a moderator:
Try rescaling it, which you should do unless you are 6'10" (MC's Height). Maybe post a pic now that it has been rosin/fiber glassed.

5 foot 4! hehe lol.

Try making it really fit, the helmet, so you wont look like "chief with big head", I know what it looks like, hehe, I built a small chest, with a big helm, funny looking too hehe......

No offense, but i would not even bother to make a new one if you think that this helmet is "finished"
I will list what you did wrong: (most stupid mistakes highlighted in BOLD UNDERLIN)

1, You started making a halo helmet in the 1st place
2, You printed out a low poly model
3, You didnt take time or effort to even bother folding the helmet nice (one of the easiest helmets)
4, It got major warpage because of no effort.

5, instead of listening to others, you ignored them and said that "your proud of it".
6, you kept working on the helmet when everyone said "please restart".
7, I'm not even sure if you fiberglassed it..
8, If you did fiberglass it, you propably didnt wear a respirator and you killed a few billion brain cells.
9, you didnt use bondo to smooth out.
10, You "Drew" (no you didnt even paint it) the helmet with crayons.
11, you are missing a visor (you cant see through the paper).

12, you made a helmet wich is being laughed at (according to comments of me and others).
13, You say, you used "8" hours to finish the helmet, and you try to make it sound like you would have done alot of work on it, this is NOT true, from personal experience, i have used 700USD and 2 months to make my helmet.

-Fin(n)ish

Finnish_Spartan said:
No offense, but i would not even bother to make a new one if you think that this helmet is "finished"
I will list what you did wrong: (most stupid mistakes highlighted in BOLD UNDERLIN)
3, You didnt take time or effort to even bother folding the helmet nice (one of the easiest helmets)

5, instead of listening to others, you ignored them and said that "your proud of it".
8, If you did fiberglass it, you propably didnt wear a respirator and you killed a few billion brain cells.

12, you made a helmet wich is being laughed at (according to comments of me and others).
13, You say, you used "8" hours to finish the helmet, and you try to make it sound like you would have done alot of work on it, this is NOT true, from personal experience, i have used 700USD and 2 months to make my helmet.
-Fin(n)ish

agreed, took the words right from my mouth,

look at your helmet, then look at Wetokoles, i hope you actually laugh at your own work, no way is that finished, thats like, not even half way to being finished

well i've been holding out on posting something but here it goes

I know its a wonderful achievement to have actually "complete" a paper model and the model is not a bad one to start on I myself started with using that model this time last year with regular paper then i scaled and printed another one on cardstock so that makes two paper helmets. the first i threw away because it wouldnt last long in my room anyway (i have pictures to prove this)

the second helmet i made on cardstock came out great because i took my time with the folds and aligning the glue tabs together. use an x acto knife for the folds just bending it or using a pen can give you problems later. when i had it done i trim the neck hole so my head would fit, you should have done this before you fiberglassed it!

I hate to say this but do another, not to fiberglass it later, but do another one to get practice then i would recommend doing a df4l helmet next to fiberglass

so what im saying is take your time and do it correct so you wont get this grief later on from us or just get someone else to do this part who has better patience with this part so i wish you good luck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stealthkiller24 @ Jun 4 2008, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Here it is
"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object></div>

PFFFFTTT

sorry if i offended you... but dear god...

Finnish_Spartan said:

-Fin(n)ish
lmao! Harsh much? I mean, we can all clearly see that he has mistakes, but you don't have to bash them in his face, if he is proud with what he did, SO BE IT! Not everyone is perfect, if thats all the kid has, then leave him alone, enough of the tormenting, your biggest mistake was saying the following: 1, You started making a halo helmet in the 1st place, How DARE you ever look down on someone who even attempted making a helmet? Second of all your other mistake was in saying: 5, instead of listening to others, you ignored them and said that "your proud of it". Yeah, and? Since when did he have to listen to you guys? If he wanted your help, HE WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR IT. Finally another mistake was saying: 13, You say, you used "8" hours to finish the helmet, and you try to make it sound like you would have done alot of work on it, this is NOT true, from personal experience, i have used 700USD and 2 months to make my helmet. Were you there to watch him make it? I think not, so unless you have seen him do it in less, dont tell him how long it too him to make it. Personally, I think you should "Fin(n)ish" your bashing replies. Because, I dont know if you took note or not, but they are unwanted here.. Next time take into consideration the heart and effort (even if its practically none) put into it. You should really be ashamed of yourself in being satisfied on what you decided to click the "Add Reply" button with trash like that. And you say its one of the easiest pepkura projects, in life NOTHING IS EASY, whats easy to you might be a challenge to someone else, please THINK BEFORE YOU POST.

I'm going with Spartan-430 on this one. I know its not a very well made helmet, but even I (a very very mean person) flinched at the total crushing dished out on him. Cut him some slack, he finished a pep helm so he deserves to be proud of it. It might not be the best, but its a wip. So no need to bash on him.

-->"Only nice people get halo's" <--

@stealthkiller I would really suggest remaking it. I know it's a pain in the a**, but totally worth it (yay for making about three iron man helms before getting it right).

SPARTAN-430 said:
lmao! Harsh much? I mean, we can all clearly see that he has mistakes, but you don't have to bash them in his face, if he is proud with what he did, SO BE IT! Not everyone is perfect, if thats all the kid has, then leave him alone, enough of the tormenting, your biggest mistake was saying the following: 1, You started making a halo helmet in the 1st place, How DARE you ever look down on someone who even attempted making a helmet? Second of all your other mistake was in saying: 5, instead of listening to others, you ignored them and said that "your proud of it". Yeah, and? Since when did he have to listen to you guys? If he wanted your help, HE WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR IT. Finally another mistake was saying: 13, You say, you used "8" hours to finish the helmet, and you try to make it sound like you would have done alot of work on it, this is NOT true, from personal experience, i have used 700USD and 2 months to make my helmet. Were you there to watch him make it? I think not, so unless you have seen him do it in less, dont tell him how long it too him to make it. Personally, I think you should "Fin(n)ish" your bashing replies. Because, I dont know if you took note or not, but they are unwanted here.. Next time take into consideration the heart and effort (even if its practically none) put into it. You should really be ashamed of yourself in being satisfied on what you decided to click the "Add Reply" button with trash like that. And you say its one of the easiest pepkura projects, in life NOTHING IS EASY, whats easy to you might be a challenge to someone else, please THINK BEFORE YOU POST.
Someone got pwned... :D

you guys are ruff

Great try on it. If i were you i would just retry a similar version (halo 1/2) and just do it all over again. That would be the easiest way to shut every up about it

EDIT: i wonder if finnish will get banned for that. I remember him posting a picture of his "warned bar" and it was at 100%

Good luck with your helmet I'm doing my first one. I've found out theirs alot of stuff that gonna make it harder to do, but in the end it's all worth it.( at least for me.) :)

Spartan-430, not being rude or anything, but seriously, finnish knows what hes talking about, and i agree completely,

If he didnt want us commenting and telling him tips on what to do, then why would he make this topic in the first place, that helmet needs work, he literally colored it in with crayons, i dont know how you can even attempt to prove finnish wrong, it was his opinion on what he done wrong, not a list of he did wrong.

Even if it was pretty harsh, thats exactly how i think of his helmet aswell, he needs to listen to others, the forums work as a community, helping others, but he abused the trust we have in these forums and did what he thought was right, which clearly wasnt, finnish is a very trusted person on these forums, if i had the choice, you would be the last person for me to listen to,

I dont know if you took note or not, but they are unwanted here..

hes a trusted member here, he is very wanted here, i wouldnt be doing so well on my helmet if he wasnt here

alot of people on here are harsh, including me sometimes, but you gotta accept it, someone isnt going to change their personality just for some idiot who doesnt listen on a website, sure, some are harsh, but thats how it is, and it will stay like that for as long as these forums will be up,

the "list" that finnish made, was harsh, but believe it or not, was very useful, it told him to do the exact opposite next time, not that this guy will listen anyway, but still, it was constructive critisism, just, really critisisizing and harsh, but it still helped.

Zen

You guys really need to take the message of "Only Nice Guys Get Halo's" to heart. It's not just what you say, its the way in which it is said. Compare your posts to folks like Spartan 051, Shade, and Spartan-430.

Example bad: This helm sucks, how dare you call this finished, try again dumbass, etc.

Example good: I wouldn't really call that helm finished. There's so much more you can do with it with some bondo and TLC. Plus with the amount of work you'de do touching it up, I would consider remaking it with the new skills you've learned making this one.

Dickstructive criticism won't be tolerated. Finnish knows that now. He'll be back after awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back