Pepakura Helmet Done Finnally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and I would just like to apologize for my first post. It was a little rude, but I didn't mean for it to be. Saying that you would get laughed at was just the only way I could put it. If you want a GOOD helmet, you'll need to Bondo it to add detail, other than that, as I'm sure others have said, if you repeat this process for your whole suit of armor, you'll look like a walking polygon, which, again, not to be rude, would cause others to snicker. If you want to WOW! people, try to make it look as if it didn't originate from paper, kinda like WetOkole's C.Q.B. (I use this as an example too much, but it's just so damn awesome!)

Again, sorry if I was an arse, for I wasn't trying to be one :)

Spartan 051 said:
EDIT: i wonder if finnish will get banned for that. I remember him posting a picture of his "warned bar" and it was at 100%

Zenzeigan said:
S

finnish is a very trusted person on these forums, if i had the choice, you would be the last person for me to listen to,
hes a trusted member here, he is very wanted here

Zen

He may be trusted, but obviously he has a history if he had a warning level of 100% And Zen, back out of this, no one asked for you to get involved, Im just saying lighten up on the kid, he didnt do a good job, so what? He is proud of it at that is what counts, and I dont give a flying you-know-what if you listen to me or not, I didn't come on to this forum to dictate.. Im not jumping down your throats about this, if you think he needs to work on it more, dont beat him to death about it, and dont humiliate the kid on a public forum, be human for God's sake!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sigma-LS said:
which it is said. Compare your posts to folks like Spartan 051, Shade, and Spartan-430.
glad to help. I just hope he sicks around because im sure he does great work but had a bad first try at it

But i do think spase got to reach teach his moto (i forgot it but i know some one will come in and fill in the blank)

Yeah so good luck with the helmet. Remeber tutorials, bondo, sanding, and paint are your friends. :D

Shade said:
Yeah so good luck with the helmet. Remeber tutorials, bondo, sanding, and paint are your friends. :D
Yes, tutorials are very important in starting/remaking a project. When in doubt double check with a tutorial from someone you know is experienced! Good Luck!

as much as most people here are right on the 405th,
remakeing a helmet, fiberglassing, or bondo-ing the helmet, think of it this way, its just extra practice for you to get good at it later on down the road, most of the comments were pretty harsh but at least he tried, not many of my freinds can say I HAVE a chief helm, sht at least hes proud of it my first one was craptacular and i was still proud of it good luck on it man ^^

o_O Oh...My...God. THERE IS SO MUCH HATE IN THIS THREAD! Can we please stop arguing? Finnish, no offence but what you said was down-right evil. How can you abuse someones creation like that? If hes happy with it then leave him alone. We all start somewhere. And I think you should apologise. Its really dis-heartening when someone gets abused like that.

smilie120 said:
o_O Oh...My...God. THERE IS SO MUCH HATE IN THIS THREAD! Can we please stop arguing? Finnish, no offence but what you said was down-right evil. How can you abuse someones creation like that? If hes happy with it then leave him alone. We all start somewhere. And I think you should apologise. Its really dis-heartening when someone gets abused like that.
Seriously.

Its one thing to give constructive criticism, telling them, hey, you need to work on *insert thing that needs to be worked on*, but completely bashing their work and rubbing the fact that you spent $700 and 2 months (ridiculous much?) on your helmet in their face? No, that is just unacceptable.

Here we go...

Stealth - Welcome to making armor. You've done more than me! Not a bad first try. You do need to redo it but now you have the basics in hand and take your time! It's not a race and patience is your friend. Great armor doesn't happen overnight. I'm glad you are proud of it. I would be too.

Finnish/Zen - Y'all need to give the kid a break. He is trying and that is what matters. There is no reason to bash him just because he is learning. Remember - you were there once as we all were.

Friendship, helping, and a sense of family is what this forum should be about. Without those, we will never be accepted by Bungie or anyone else as an official site/organization. Stop flaming/belittling others for their efforts or JUST GO AWAY! Constructive criticism goes a long way whereas negativity just drives people away.

If this offends/makes some of you mad - kiss my little white backside. Stop the dissing and help those who need it.

Very well put Tracy. I stayed far away from this thread because I knew I would blow up in Finnishs' face. Thank you Tracy for saying what needed to be said.

Stealth: congratulations on completing your first attempt. All in all, satisfactory. When you redo it alittle bit more elbow grease, time and love and you'll be sure to have a great helmet :]

@Finnish/Zen: .....ah, screw it...

BlacRoseImmortal said:
Very well put Tracy. I stayed far away from this thread because I knew I would blow up in Finnishs' face. Thank you Tracy for saying what needed to be said.

Stealth: congratulations on completing your first attempt. All in all, satisfactory. When you redo it alittle bit more elbow grease, time and love and you'll be sure to have a great helmet :]

@Finnish/Zen: .....ah, screw it...

Kelly - You're welcome. Check my profile for the new personal statement. I think it says it all for me anyways. Stealth is learning as we all are (or were). No reason to beat him up about it. AND I was being nice...

Have you guys noticed that he hasnt been on much since you ripped him a new one. You know I think his helm looks alot like my first attempt.

Picture045.jpg

I mean crap my details were sharpied in. Cut him some slack. Not everyone is amazing out of the gate.

SPARTAN-430 said:
lmao! Harsh much? I mean, we can all clearly see that he has mistakes, but you don't have to bash them in his face, if he is proud with what he did, SO BE IT! Not everyone is perfect, if thats all the kid has, then leave him alone, enough of the tormenting, your biggest mistake was saying the following: 1, You started making a halo helmet in the 1st place, How DARE you ever look down on someone who even attempted making a helmet? Second of all your other mistake was in saying: 5, instead of listening to others, you ignored them and said that "your proud of it". Yeah, and? Since when did he have to listen to you guys? If he wanted your help, HE WOULD HAVE ASKED FOR IT. Finally another mistake was saying: 13, You say, you used "8" hours to finish the helmet, and you try to make it sound like you would have done alot of work on it, this is NOT true, from personal experience, i have used 700USD and 2 months to make my helmet. Were you there to watch him make it? I think not, so unless you have seen him do it in less, dont tell him how long it too him to make it. Personally, I think you should "Fin(n)ish" your bashing replies. Because, I dont know if you took note or not, but they are unwanted here.. Next time take into consideration the heart and effort (even if its practically none) put into it. You should really be ashamed of yourself in being satisfied on what you decided to click the "Add Reply" button with trash like that. And you say its one of the easiest pepkura projects, in life NOTHING IS EASY, whats easy to you might be a challenge to someone else, please THINK BEFORE YOU POST.
I agree 100% on that GIANT comment. I think that yes, the helmet does need more work! But Its a good first try. I loved my first helmet too, thought it was the best! Then some people gave me some constructive criticism and I jumped back up and made another, and learned some new methods, and started my arby helm. And, because I knew I could do even better, I improved that AGAIN. Its really important to learn things from others around here, they know alot of things! So if you ignore their comments, then things might not turn out the way you wanted. Just to let you know...

Sigma-LS said:
Finnish knows that now. He'll be back after awhile.
:eek:
Wowza, never thought Id live to see the day!

to be honest, my comment was unnacceptable, and i know that

but this guy, i helped him in his other topic, and he merely laughed at my page long help, i have a grudge against this guy in general, not because "his helmet suck" because, thats what you would expect for a first try, so its all good, just keep trying, but i refue to help anymore

Stealthkiller24 said:
No give me the constructive critisism so then i can redo it and learn from my mistakes so keep it comin
Nah dude, you didnt deserve the harsh criticism from some idiot like that. At least you understand that you do need to make improvements. YOU HEAR THAT ZEN AND FINNISH? YOU CAN STOP BEATING HIM NOW.

Welcome to the long and tedious world of Prop making :D.

I'm also curious why everyone is getting uptight by what Fin and Zen said.
1.) Its their own opinion
2.) Regardless of what it says people should look into the message of the post, not if it is in a 'rude' or 'a$$h$@!' tone
3.) Its the internet, if ANYONE takes something on the internet seriously they have problems
4.) Well there is no 4 I just felt like ending with an even number...

I understand that it is considered 'flaming' to some degree, but isn't yelling at the person for being a d%$# also a small example of flaming? Now this topic (Including mine....) has gone off topic and turned into a giant flamefest for Zen and Fin :p

Anyway good try on the helm, regardless if it looks like crap to the eyes of the public. Experience is the key, just keep making low-res helmets and keep practicing with fiberglass and resin. (With safety of course) Also be sure to use Bondo to get those details next time! Sooner or later you will be up in the ranks of the 405th with a beautiful High res helmet, remember...

Print
Cut
Glue
Resin
Bondo
Sand
Detail
Paint
Extras

PCGRBSDPE?

Anyway, just keep on trying :D

Dreadnought of Fury said: