Pepakura Substitute for Mac?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nukulargear

So I'm about ready to start my first full set of armor, and I'm planning on making it out of EVA foam, but I can't use Pepakura Designer since my desktop is on its last legs and my laptop is a Mac. Does anyone know of anything that can get the job done on a Mac?

So I'm about ready to start my first full set of armor, and I'm planning on making it out of EVA foam, but I can't use Pepakura Designer since my desktop is on its last legs and my laptop is a Mac. Does anyone know of anything that can get the job done on a Mac?
don't know about a substitute but I hear that you can use wineskin winery to use pepakura (and other windows apps) on mac

I actually have a Wineskin wrapper that I found on the RPF a few years ago that works with Pepakura on Mac. I can't remember if you need Wine installed to use it, but it might be a good idea. I'm trying to find a way to upload it right now, Google Drive and Dropbox are being kind of temperamental.

Edit: I just tried opening it and using it - it doesn't seem to work properly. Your best bet is probably going to be installing the program and running Pepakura through Wine yourself. There's plenty of documentation and information on doing it.

Last edited:
I don't have a Mac, but if one of our Mac using members could verify that this works well as an alternative to Pepakura for Mac, I can sticky this thread so others can find it easily.

I know this thread is dead as hell, but I'm still restricted to just a Mac and really want to have a go at pepping again. Did a demo ever come available?
Sorry for waiting so long! The demo version was delayed because of some unexpected issues, but I can guarantee it will be released before November.

So I bought the app and if seems to work really well, the only thing I have a problem is that .pdo files don't work but I'm glad .obj files work. Is there a way you could get the app to use .pdo files?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back