Pepakura, ~this is not located in a sticky~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice198

Member
Well, ive decided im going to make something outta pep, so i decided to take a test print to make sure it all prints out
While oding this, i tried landscape- didnt work- portrait didnt print out the edges- =/
Anyone know the reason? - Ice
 

Ice198

Member
Spartan 161 said:
what file are you trying to print? what are your printer settings? Without more info its hard to help you.
Jedi's MC H2 helm, printer settings:
Landscape
Border margins: 5mm on each
the rest is as it was. - Ice
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ok, I got that file. just looked at it, so time for more questions. Did you size the helm before you tried to do a test print? Are you sure under printer set up you have 8.5"x11" selected?
 

Ice198

Member
Spartan 161 said:
ok, I got that file. just looked at it, so time for more questions. Did you size the helm before you tried to do a test print? Are you sure under printer set up you have 8.5"x11" selected?
Paper size:letter (8.5X11)
Scale 25.18 (height=26.5cm)
satisfied?= ) - Ice
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I used your values for scale, granted a few pieces had to be moved so it would print clearly. Just go into print preview see what's getting chopped then go to the 2d window and move the pieces as close to center of the paper as possible. Then back to print preview to double check. If you still are having problems I don't know what to tell you. I would PM a few of the more knowable Pep people on the board. Good luck.
 

Ice198

Member
Spartan 161 said:
Ok I used your values for scale, granted a few pieces had to be moved so it would print clearly. Just go into print preview see what's getting chopped then go to the 2d window and move the pieces as close to center of the paper as possible. Then back to print preview to double check. If you still are having problems I don't know what to tell you. I would PM a few of the more knowable Pep people on the board. Good luck.
Alright, thanks man. NOT
That didnt answer my question
My question was
Why isnt it printing the sides even when their in the MIDDLE of the page
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Check your print preview to see if the margins there match the settings you set in the pep program, if they don't match that could be why you're not getting edges.
 

JediFraz

Active Member
Maybe because my H2 Pep files were laid out for A4 paper size.
If your printing A4 on letter sized paper that's why it's chopping the edges.

A4>Letter.

I believe somebody redid the layouts for Letter size, but I can't recall who. Search is your friend.

Also check that the page setup and printer setups are the same. First time I tried to print the Pepakura file was set to landscape but the printer was set to portrait.

Fraz
 

AoBfrost

Well-Known Member
Set it to letter, landscape or whatever how you want it, and set the borders to the lowest which is 5. You get about the same as A4.

Then, make sure your printer itself is set to landscape/portriat.
 

Nicktendo

Well-Known Member
Ice said:
Alright, thanks man. NOT
Don't be like that. We don't have to help you, you know.

It sounds like everyone here has listed off (and yes, repeated) what you've already done. Maybe a photo of what your talking about would help.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MysticLegend

Jr Member
Nicktendo said:
Don't be like that. We don't have to help you, you know.

It sounds like everyone here has listed off (and yes, repeated) what you've already done. Maybe a photo of what your talking about would help.
Agreed. That attitude will kill your number of helpers Ice...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ice198

Member
MysticLegend said:
Agreed. That attitude will kill your number of helpers Ice...
Sorry guys, didnt mean it to come off that way, I meant it like the way they say it in Wayne's World, you know like with the suck cut, "what a totally amazing excellent discpvery- NOT" I meant it more like that, not criticizing them for not helping me entirely, and I appreciate all the help you guys give me, its just the help hasnt really helped. But anyways, thanks for all this guys. - Ice
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top