Pepekura question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHUD

Are the Pepekura files compiled by members here or do they exist on there own? Hard to describe, but I'm asking if this program can be applied to other sets of armor(i.e. Iron Man). Where do you find the plans for it. Is there a central data base or are they made by guys like me and you? Just curious. Thanks! :D

Pepakura itself isn't made for Halo armor, it's some japanese thing I assume they made to make paper dragons and cars and other random things. Pep files are basically just a 3d model converted into a format readable by the program and then unfolded into printable pieces. So, someone can find a model and make it into a pep file. There are peps for alot of different things, but I haven't seen many that aren't Halo considering this is a Halo forum. I also haven't heard of a central pep database, although we have a Halo pep database which you can find stickied in the "Creation discussion" forum.

Hope that helps. :)

The models you see here were made mostly by members. I wouldn't have any idea where you could find a complete PDO pack for iron man armor though.

You could try to make your own :p

CHUD said:
Are the Pepekura files compiled by members here or do they exist on there own? Hard to describe, but I'm asking if this program can be applied to other sets of armor(i.e. Iron Man).
Pepakura (Designer) is a program that allows you to turn a 3D file into something that can be folded into a paper model. So it's not something limited to just Halo models.

CHUD said:
Where do you find the plans for it. Is there a central data base or are they made by guys like me and you? Just curious. Thanks! :D
There are pdf files posted here a few months ago. Just search for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I knew that Pep was a program for making 3-D into 2-D and also that it wasn't exclusive to Halo. Just didn't know if the Halo files came from a central data base where they are made or if they were from members. Like I said, I couldn't find the right words to convey my message. Thanks.

CHUD said:
Yeah, I knew that Pep was a program for making 3-D into 2-D and also that it wasn't exclusive to Halo. Just didn't know if the Halo files came from a central data base where they are made or if they were from members. Like I said, I couldn't find the right words to convey my message. Thanks.

Yeah, it's quite interesting to see FS' videos where he models the Mk VI helmet. (In the fast forward mode setting, of course :))

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I am refering to in the above post. I found the Wiki while snooping around. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back