Phenry's Mark 6 Armor Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
halo101 said:
woah sweet progress. nice clean folds. Keep up the awsome work. Ae you going to put led's and all that stuff in your helmet???

Yeah, I have them all wired up out of the helmet, I'm just waiting for some more hot glue so I can install them. I'll have some pics up of that once it's done.

Yodajammies said:
wow, thats some of the best pep I've ever seen on the boards. Fantastic work sir.

Where in NC are you from?

Thanks, I'm in Cary. We should hopefully have another NC Spartan walking around by the end of this month.

SupermanExtreme1 said:
wow look at you!

very nice!!

I must admit, your videos were one of my big motivators to get out in the garage and get things done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Phenry, you sir are an artist. I thought my paintwork was good until i checked out your thread.

Hey, nice work man. Very clean with everything. One question, what camera are you using. The quality is quite good.

wow, looking good dude :D

Hope i can start with my armor soon before winter :( , working on some other project atm but ill be done soon. Hope it turns out as nice as yours lol

keep the good work.

Quick update: got the torso and a few other pieces glassed, and the hand plates are officially finished. The gloves are old goalkeeper gloves I had laying around that I spray painted black. Not the best solution I know, but you can't really beat the price of free fitty-free.

P1010336.jpg

P1010337.jpg

Liq said:
Phenry, you sir are an artist. I thought my paintwork was good until i checked out your thread.

Heh, have you checked your WIP thread? That paint looks at least 10x better than mine. Mine looks like I dunked in the toilet a few times for the weathering.

Gman said:
Hey, nice work man. Very clean with everything. One question, what camera are you using. The quality is quite good.

Panasonic DMC-TZ1. I can't tell you how much they cost or any specs, it's my parent's that they're letting me use while I'm home for the summer.

phenry said:
Heh, have you checked your WIP thread? That paint looks at least 10x better than mine. Mine looks like I dunked in the toilet a few times for the weathering.

you're crazy... I even dragged my wife out of the living room to look at your helmet pics, and she agrees with me haha. I'm really looking forward to seeing your finished torso, and I've been following your progress for awhile now after seeing some of your pep work from like the first post.

awesome work, just awesome.

Great work. I've been working for about four to five weeks and I only have a few things peped. You are doing a great job!! :lol

Just a small update, I've been slaving away on bondo'ing the torso. I'm about 80% done, there's still some areas that need touching up and trimming for it to fit comfortably.

P1010341.jpg

I'm nearing the end of fiberglassing all the parts, I only have the codpiece, right thigh, and right shoe left. I feel like once that's through with it's all downhill from there.

Well if I stay on my time line (I need this thing done by the 11th!), I should be painting just about everything this weekend. And here's two teaser pics to keep you guys satisfied (keep in mind there's still a lot left to do!):

P1010673.jpg

P1010675.jpg

Your folds and your craftmanship is outstanding. Your pep builds are all very nicely done and the paint and bondoing has so much smooothness and detail its amazing. Very nice

great work man! How did you handle the wrist area of forearms? Were you able to put your wrists right through or did you have to do something to the piece? I'll be there soon and I'm trying to figure out what would look best.

and I'm STILL saying that paintwork beats mine :D

Liq said:
great work man! How did you handle the wrist area of forearms? Were you able to put your wrists right through or did you have to do something to the piece? I'll be there soon and I'm trying to figure out what would look best.

and I'm STILL saying that paintwork beats mine :D

I went to work with a dremel sander on the openings and took almost all of the lip off to get my hand through. I do have pretty big hands though, and it is still a bit of a squeeze to get them to fit, but I'm overall happy with how it works. I'll have a picture up in a minute to show the openings.

Edit:
P1010676.jpg

Great work man!

Um one question, on the underside of the top just above the visor hole (that sounds weird) is that foamies you used or just bondo?

Cheers, Dave.

@ XxCALIBERxX: It's Great Stuff expanding foam. I'm using that as a base to lay down bondo flush to the visor, since I don't really think the foam alone painted will look very good. I'm probably going to do a write-up on how I did it, since I've seen a lot of people with gaps between their visors and helmets and this isn't a very difficult solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back