pics: Sanding and how to sand / remove the fiberglass edges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willpower102

DSCN4457.jpg

See all that junk? It's on all my pieces and hard as rock cause I was sloppy. I'm trying to sand that crap of the inside so it doesn't cut me, again. :( Sanding with 60 grit KINDA works, but not well. Plus, it tends to just strip the resin off leaving fibers.

My current idea is to start again tomorrow with a dremel tool, flex extension, sanding drums, and a 90* extension (if I can find one).

Does anyone have any better ideas? What about some sort of silicone lining I could wash around in there to just fill in all the roughness? What would I look for at walmart / home depot / hobby lobby / craft stores to do this with? (no time to order online)

Thats what I want to know too. I used shears to do the edges, and ive decided to sand then duct tape the interiors before I add foam padding.

i dremelled a bit off the edges of the actual suit, like 1/8 inch since up until that the fiberglass and resin was so thick it didnt just break off the resin and leave exposed fibers

AoBfrost said:
Just cut them with regular scissors, they will come off easily.
They do come off with scissors, but there are areas inside the armor that turned out like that as well.

First I'm going to try dremeling, then test silicone in one piece if I can find it, and probably cover what's left with duct tape.

Last edited by a moderator:
willpower102 said:
They do come off with scissors, but there are areas inside the armor that turned out like that as well.

First I'm going to try dremeling, then test silicone in one piece if I can find it, and probably cover what's left with duct tape.
Dremel sharp peices off, otherwise if they are still bendable, just duct tape over them or trim them off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back