Planet Comic Con Kansas City: Booth Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll definitely try and make more of an apperance at cons next year and be glad to help out at the booth. And with ideas, maybe have various materials & stages of a build to show what the process is
You better know I am holding you to that.
Does the 405th have brochures? If they do, that would be an excellent addition. Of course we would need to have some information on contact personnel from the regional area. Just to make it easy for potential recruits.
Asgardianhammer made some excellent promotional pieces for Outpost like the kids interactive piece. and individual members were allowed to have their business cards present as well. If using a computer or screen in some capacity (Since I am finding I have plenty) we could also run some updated slideshows of members content across the community too!
Needless to say but we could also make flyers to hand out with relevant information on where to find things like merch or the forums and any official 405th social media accounts: Facebook, Twitch, ect...
I'd love to utilize something like a QR code or just something physically on a set piece people could interact with for something like this! The recruiting terminal still has me interested in that concept.

I could help at a booth at least one day, probably Sunday. I’ll have to be at my other booth the other days. I can definitely help arrange photographers as well as help Spartan299 sort things out with the PCKC organizers.
Any and all help is appreciated, especially since you have experience of running booths at this event!

Here you are!

Attachments

• 405th Activity Book 051419.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 168
  • 405th Armor Guide 012620.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 178
  • 405th recruiter card.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 178
  • Legal Table Tent Template-01.jpg
    Legal Table Tent Template-01.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 127
  • 405th Banner OUT 2x4.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 160
Does the 405th have brochures? If they do, that would be an excellent addition. Of course we would need to have some information on contact personnel from the regional area. Just to make it easy for potential recruits.
We use trading cards as our business cards and they’ve done really well. We could have a QR code on it or whatever other info everyone finds most helpful. If we want to go this route lmk and I’ll see if our graphic designer would be willing to help as well as get the contact for the printer. We might even be able to batch the order when we reorder ours for the League.
25A925BC-CCBA-41A9-9B96-CC3B33610667.jpeg

We use trading cards as our business cards and they’ve done really well. We could have a QR code on it or whatever other info everyone finds most helpful. If we want to go this route lmk and I’ll see if our graphic designer would be willing to help as well as get the contact for the printer. We might even be able to batch the order when we reorder ours for the League.View attachment 318246
We do something similar in the 501st and Rebel Legion.
20190323_122725.jpg

So, here's the feedback I'm getting as of today. I won't know for sure about us getting "floor space" until later this year. That is not something that should really worry us at all. Very common practice. That being said, we should make plans as though it is already "approved".
The 2 bits of info I did get are as follows:
1) Having backdrops for photo ops is a big plus towards getting floor space. Let's do this for sure.
2) The more we (local group) are involved with the PCC Promotions between now and PCC 2023 the better. I have been to one of these recently at Science City and I was well received by all. Even recruited a few people into the fold.
Anyway, that's what I have for now. We need to make solid, realistic plans ASAP.

So, here's the feedback I'm getting as of today. I won't know for sure about us getting "floor space" until later this year. That is not something that should really worry us at all. Very common practice. That being said, we should make plans as though it is already "approved".
The 2 bits of info I did get are as follows:
1) Having backdrops for photo ops is a big plus towards getting floor space. Let's do this for sure.
2) The more we (local group) are involved with the PCC Promotions between now and PCC 2023 the better. I have been to one of these recently at Science City and I was well received by all. Even recruited a few people into the fold.
Anyway, that's what I have for now. We need to make solid, realistic plans ASAP.
Let’s brainstorm ideas during our build party this weekend We can make sure all the locals are in Jim’s group on Facebook so we can have a good presence at promo events. If any of the STL crew wants to come for any just let me or Spartan299 know and we can try to get dates for some ahead of time. Typically the deal is if you help with 3 promo events then you earn a free weekend pass to Planet.

If I could be so bold as to suggest an initial plan for booth setup and what to work for. Based on suggestions so far and the feedback were getting through Spartan299 and Littlefoot1221, we should definitely work towards getting a back drop for a photo area and have some potential for promo events. With NobleofDeath16 's idea of a recruitment terminal added to having the promotional materials, we have a good base idea of what to shoot for.

Other things that can definitely be added in as we can confirm personnel for staffing and approval is a dedicated Q/A section to show off examples of work and how to start the process of building costumes. Additionally if anyone wanted to volunteer any props (i.e. weapons or misc. models) a rack/shelf for those can be added for taking pictures with. Finally if we can get enough space we could even add a quick repair station for any damage done to members costumes.

I went and did a little mock up of what my idea of what the booth would look like (not to scale since I have no idea the amount of space we could get).
Screenshot (128).png

Keep in mind this is just a proposed idea from my perspective. If its no good then no hard feelings.

Emp,

You nailed on the head my exact next steps i was gonna work on this evening. Prototyping our space is absolutely necessary and you basically nailed my general idea of space utilization. Booth in the middle. Terminal on the front-facing left manned by a member/supervised, booth will have promo materials and a member or two there to answer various questions. Display props or suits behind booth, and a photo area to the front facing left. This is EXTREMELY familiar to how we structured for Halo Outpost and I was a huge fan of how it worked out.

Next thing we will want to do is plug in general measurement expectations so we know the space we would need. As well as potential power requirements and staging necessary. Did we want Scenery for the back drop similar to the "crows nest" for example from Outpost or weapon racks? What is our lighting solution, and how big to make the terminal and it's power needs. The practical is the next best step. :)

I am also happy to mock up something in my free time to have a physical example up to take photos of and add to booth applications in the future.

Let’s brainstorm ideas during our build party this weekend We can make sure all the locals are in Jim’s group on Facebook so we can have a good presence at promo events. If any of the STL crew wants to come for any just let me or Spartan299 know and we can try to get dates for some ahead of time. Typically the deal is if you help with 3 promo events then you earn a free weekend pass to Planet.
What in the world when was this build party and why wasn't I aware. LOL. But I am also happy once the home is more cleared out as I have ample space otherwise, to welcome people over and we can stage and build as necessary.

Dude Emp Frosty on the ball w/ getting a mockup already. Determined to figure out how to make the weapon rack like we had at HOD. I believe the templates were shared and will just need dimensions to plan it out. I like the idea of volunteered props, and to build on that perhaps a rack behind volunteers of display only or for member use only props. There are a few props I'd be willing to bring and showcase, but would want them in an area that only our members could pick them up and handle them.

May I suggest we try to get together a panel like Meet the 405th for next year.

Dude Emp Frosty on the ball w/ getting a mockup already. Determined to figure out how to make the weapon rack like we had at HOD. I believe the templates were shared and will just need dimensions to plan it out. I like the idea of volunteered props, and to build on that perhaps a rack behind volunteers of display only or for member use only props. There are a few props I'd be willing to bring and showcase, but would want them in an area that only our members could pick them up and handle them.

May I suggest we try to get together a panel like Meet the 405th for next year.
I'm honestly just trying to procrastinate from studying lol. I love the idea of a separate rack for "no touching" items. I have a flag pole planned for a set piece and maybe something else down the line but if you've got the weapon rack figured out I wouldn't mind also trying to throw one together of helping with yours.

For the photo area if we can set up a defense area (linked to the flag pole I have planned) or a supply point (kinda like infinite multiplayer screen) I think it would make for great photos.

Also think it would be cool to use the FOB terminal (thinking the vehicles one in particular) as inspiration to build a kiosk to house an iPad (or other tablet) for recruitment terminal/forum signup.

04B7B46D-6A8E-4E32-90CE-3980A4063515.jpeg58C7B7F2-2F06-4B51-A054-FB0AFFCCDB36.jpeg
Something similar to this.

Anything I can help build out for us for events I'm happy to do. Plus anything that gets me doing more woodworking is a plus.

Last edited:
Also think it would be cool to use the FOB terminal (thinking the vehicles one in particular) as inspiration to build a kiosk to house an iPad (or other tablet) for recruitment terminal/forum signup.

Anything I can help build out for us for events I'm happy to do. Plus anything that gets me doing more woodworking is a plus.
Can you drop some images of the FOB terminals in here? I assume these are the Infinite campaing ones you are talking about.

I'll go ahead and show you guys what backdrops I have before we brainstorm set pieces since the backdrop really sets the stage for decorations

Your assumption is correct. Updated my post to include a couple of images of the ones I was thinking.

Man, I love how on top of things everyone is! For the weapons racks do we just want to do basic wire racks or we could get fancy with it and make a resupply looking crate like this that way we’d have a place to store personal effects as well?

Attachments

• 342A9768-41E9-4EA6-9441-52DF3C5C4BF0.jpeg
    342A9768-41E9-4EA6-9441-52DF3C5C4BF0.jpeg
    204.2 KB · Views: 102
  • CCAB0EC5-4AD3-49F7-ABE4-83983C54E9D5.jpeg
    CCAB0EC5-4AD3-49F7-ABE4-83983C54E9D5.jpeg
    288.7 KB · Views: 105
What in the world when was this build party and why wasn't I aware. LOL. But I am also happy once the home is more cleared out as I have ample space otherwise, to welcome people over and we can stage and build as necessary.
Lol. We’re getting some KC ppl together this weekend to work on our suits together and get to know each other better. Spartan299 is going to help me get my templates printed from armorsmith since I can’t get it to run on my computer. Y’all are welcome in KC anytime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back