Please Help Me With My Cardboard Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itchi

Ok this year for halloween I decieded on a MC costume after stumbling onto this website. But the problem is I'm poor. But neverless I will make some MC armor!!! Ok have unlimited resources of cardboard, paper, hotglue and pepakura. So I was thinkin cardboard armor! I've seen some pictures and videos of others cardboard armors and it looked pretty good. I was thinkin since I'm a noob if you guys could help me out a bit. I'm just wondering what armor (mark V, VI) works/looks/easiest to make with cardboard. I want the best looking armor I can make so will paper mache make it smoother if not what will except bondo? Also other tips and help you can give to me about working with cardboard. Another thing is I need a visor substitute since I'm poor, any suggestions? I have plenty of time before halloween. Once I start putting it together the picks will go on this thread. THANK YOU!!!!! :lol:

P.S. I already messaged the Q&A team, and spent all day searching and reading stickys

Itchi, did receive your PM but I work until 10pm Central Time, so I need a little time to get back with you. Fortunately, I have a few minutes to answer your questions. Since you have under 2 weeks until Halloween, I would recommend the low-def models.

You can find the files here: Halo 3 Pepakura Download Hub

There are also some tutorials there on how to put this stuff together. You'll have to work quickly, but it should be possible to complete a basic (read not super-detailed) armor set in 2 weeks. BTW, I'll see what I can find for low-cost visor solutions when I get home from work. -Semper Fi

Thanks guys for helping him out. and Thanks for PMing a Q&A member first but like UNSC said please patient. We all live lives outside of halo. (well most of us)

I made my first suit out of CB. I should still have some pics up in my gallery if you want to use them as a ref or something.
Good luck!

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
Itchi, did receive your PM but I work until 10pm Central Time, so I need a little time to get back with you. Fortunately, I have a few minutes to answer your questions. Since you have under 2 weeks until Halloween, I would recommend the low-def models.
-Semper Fi

Last edited by a moderator:
All you need is cardboard, hot glue, mad Skillzz and patience.
It wont be that difficult to make the costume and you can use paper mache to smooth it out.

Good luck,
-FSS

huzzah a cardbourder like my self :D MARK V would be easyer but its more old shcool MARK VI is newer idk they both wold look cool. welcome to the forums :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back