Please Help

Cadet

Executive Officer
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S111
My German is very limited, but, yes. It looks like that yoga mat is made of EVA foam, which is what people use when they make their armor out of Foam. Just make sure one side of the mat is plain with no texture.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Sometimes yoga mats can be made out of a lower density EVA foam and they sort of fall apart as you cut them. It would be difficult to know this unless you actually tired to use it, unfortunately. Have a look at this post from Kamui Cosplay who is in Germany for some of the suppliers that she uses. A little Cosplay Shopping Guide

TurboCharizard

Division PR, RXO and BCO
Division Staff
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
Member DIN
S068
Wait, so people use yoga mats??? Creativity at it's finest.

Yep. I use yoga mats for bulking out areas that won't be visible and need some extra padding to have a proper fit on me. They do tear if stretched too far and aren't great for structural elements in my opinion but they do have uses and are a cheap option when stuck for alternatives.

Dirtdives2424

Division Scheduler and Keeper of Con Lists
Division Staff
Community Staff
Member DIN
S2424
I use yoga mats for detail pieces.....they aren't as thick as EVA floor mats so they will give more dimension than craft foam and less than EVA which might be too bulky.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.