Portal Gun - Molding Started!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sheer amazingness on your part, I don't even care that amazingness isn't a word. The blood splatter is a really nice touch to it, but this is what I do. Find a good looking blood splatter, take a photo of it, upload it to your computer, and print it out on some clear backed sticker sheet. It costs a little bit more, and its not as fun, and its much easier. Wait... why did I even suggest that? I'm going to go jump into a pit of raging inferno. Want me to tell the cube you said hi?

WOW! Really sweet job! The Detail is amazing. Nothing but praise from this guy :D *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap* *clap*

shadow8136 said:
Amazing detail =D

But I think the blood splatter is on the wrong side. Just saying. xD

That thing was actually one of the more frustrating parts of this build. I think I did that effect about a dozen times before I was satisfied with it. If you look at this pic:

3237488371_1f7fbccd36_b.jpg

You can see a bloody tear in her right sleeve (left side of the pic) where the round grazed her arm. The idea was that a turret shot came from behind and thats what splattered the gun.

It makes sense to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Man when I saw this I looked at these pics so many times and showed all my friends who played this game the pictures too! Great jbo man and keep up the great work because this looks great! Definitely claimed it's place in the Elite Showcase! How did you get such a smooth finish on the white glossy parts?

Munzlat7 Studios said:
How did you get such a smooth finish on the white glossy parts?

2,000 grit sandpaper and a lot of primer and time. I actually had to do that twice because I didn't know that Krylon gray primer traps moisture and will wrinkle topcoats if you try to wetsand it. That was a hard lesson to learn.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I've started work on Chell's heelsprings as well. These need to be done in time for DragonCon by the end of the month.

3788239273_4bba714af3_b.jpg

DerKraken said:
2,000 grit sandpaper and a lot of primer and time. I actually had to do that twice because I didn't know that Krylon gray primer traps moisture and will wrinkle topcoats if you try to wetsand it. That was a hard lesson to learn.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! I've started work on Chell's heelsprings as well. These need to be done in time for DragonCon by the end of the month.

3788239273_4bba714af3_b.jpg

Google jumping stilts. they are already invented!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdFZwB95oEc[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQljQE_Fyg[/media]

After seeing these it makes me wonder why chen never got the cake. :p

Wow! the gun looks just like the one ingame, awesome, I would kill for one of these, p.s I didn't know that many girls were into videogames, I find it cool, girls and first person shooters make an awesome combination I call attractive.

:D

Looking forward to this. If you're doing a run, colour me interested. I'll have to see if I can scrape up the cash...

Edit: And is that a Pip-boy I see in the background? Have you shown pics of that lately, that I missed, or is it a "secret project"?

Achille said:
Edit: And is that a Pip-boy I see in the background? Have you shown pics of that lately, that I missed, or is it a "secret project"?

Not my build, its one of the ones that came with the collector's edition of Fallout3. I'm modifying it for a friend who has slightly larger arms, and I'm adding in an ipod dock.

No idea about a run. Currently I have 5 orders for completed guns, and I'd prefer to keep it that way. These are a lot of work to assemble. I might do a kit though. Time will tell (hopefully the molds don't suck!)

Ah, I see; I forgot that there even was a collector's edition.

Yeah, if you do a run of kits, let me know. Like I said, I dunno if I'll be able to get up the cash, but I sure hope so. And you're not giving yourself enough credit. Your molds are like the opposite of suck so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back