Possible Airsoft Ar

Status
Not open for further replies.

colinmon22

Hi all, I was looking to buy a new M4A1 airsoft gun the other day, when I came across this. Now It obviously isn't an M4, but it caught my attention due to it's halo-esque appearance. The front holds a strong resemblance to the beloved AR in my opinion. So agree? Disagree? Have at it. I'd try to mod it out myself, but $115 for a gun alone is a little out of my price range. Thought I'd share this with you all. Unknown if it's been posted here before or not, sorry if it has.

-Colin

[attachment=14455:thumber1.jpg][attachment=14454:h3-AR.jpg]

it would obviously take some heavy modding, but it was just a thought, maybe I'm wrong about the whole thing.

No offense, but in my opinion that does not resemble the AR in any way. Not even remotely.

Not to mention that the clip is in front.

Now, THIS resembles the AR:

F2000.jpg

fn_f2000_5.jpg

Fabrique Nationale Assault Rifle

none taken, just thought I'd throw this out there, see if any creative minds could think of something to do with it. obviously I'm alone on the whole AR thing though lol... maybe sleep dep has finally caught up to me :p

heres my input:

I have seen multiple threads where peomple have attempted to put an airsoft gun into a assault rifle pepakura model, with no avail. if you want to make anything start out small, and work your way up. also, hopper-fed airsoft and paintball guns seem to work better than magazine fed. You also have to take into account the gearbox of the weapon your taking apart to use. is it gas or spring? what about space? take all of these into consideration when attempting to make a firing replica.

im sorry if it seems like i'm being harsh, just seen to many great ideas end with a wimper.

ah, and i dont suggest the THUNDER MAUL (the awesome looking rifle) it is more expensive tan the fn2000 and is the worst example of space efficency (the small battery barley fits where it goes). and the red dot/MARS sight on the FN2000 does not exist in airsoft.

Personally if you were bound and determined to make an airsoft halo AR, use a FAMAS. You can find some fairly in expensive ones out there. Plus you wouldnt have to worry about moving the magazine, since the FAMAS is bullpup.
famas.jpg
With a little pep wourk i think this would work best.

gingersnapples said:
im sorry if it seems like i'm being harsh, just seen to many great ideas end with a wimper.

no, I understand perfectly, you don't want to see people getting false hopes, i understand, I'm just saying if someone has enough experience, confidence and a big enough budget, then hey? why not give it a shot? Thomas Edison tried 1001 different designs before he got a working lightbulb, so I figure that sooner than later, something will work out for someone, and hopefully we can all learn from that, maybe I'm an optimist though :D . Obviously, I'm the only one that thinks it looks anything like the AR, so modding the MAUL probably wouldn't happen anyway, lol

Personally if you were bound and determined to make an airsoft halo AR, use a FAMAS. You can find some fairly in expensive ones out there. Plus you wouldnt have to worry about moving the magazine, since the FAMAS is bullpup.

I've seen people try to mod the FAMAS, but I think they are making BR's? someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Last edited by a moderator:
iSUPERNOOB said:
I've seen people try to mod the FAMAS, but I think they are making BR's? someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Well i have seen both. Yes converting a FAMAS into a BR requires a little less work, it still works to make an AR from too.

If you want to make an custom airsoft, stop looking for similarities and just make it completly custom.

The assault rifle is a bullbup design. Get a V2 Gearbox, batteries could be stuffed in the foregrip.

iSUPERNOOB said:
[attachment=14455:thumber1.jpg][attachment=14454:h3-AR.jpg]

it would obviously take some heavy modding, but it was just a thought, maybe I'm wrong about the whole thing.

the dragon definately is a heavily modded M4 carbine my friend has one, use a bullpup desing if you are going to attempt the AR

Dusty said:
the dragon definately is a heavily modded M4 carbine my friend has one, use a bullpup desing if you are going to attempt the AR

that would definitely explain what it was doing on the M4 body style page, lol. must be easier to tell in person.

Yeah, along with a few upper posts, the AR and BR are bullpup rifles. The mag feeds behind the trigger. Think the FN F2000, FN P90, Steyr AUG, MAS FAMAS or the like.

FAMAS airsoft guns are easily available, and any parts that desperately need removal are just bits of plastic, like the optics rail. I thought of doing it, once, but decided against working props. (To an extent. I mean, I love ammo counters, removable mags, and vibration and sound)

i ust want say that i have this airsoft gun........................and its AMAZING. i pwn on every game

high recomendation, but yes i do see the resemblence

i even took a pic of me shouldering it in my armor, which by the way is not easy to do with bulky biceps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back