Possible Ebay Scam & Pep Images Copyrights

Status
Not open for further replies.

JediStumpy

http://shop.ebay.com/wyatt-earp1981/m.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/Halo-3-MJOLNIR-...&otn=3&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=5448516032086649931

Please use the links above.

I looked around to see if this had been posted and didn't see anything about it.
There is an user on Ebay who is claiming they can make armor for bidders. The image he or she is using is of Adam's I believe famous Red Armor. This individual also has listed different variants as well for sale and I using Pep model pics in the auctions. (1st link)

I believe he or she is using images that belong to members here. The images look to of been taken off the halowiki Pep section website. I wanted to let this be know so members can take a look at this to confirm this.

Please do not harass this eBay member. Let the individuals who need to report this person do so. We don't need to present the 405th in a bad light by beating up on someone despite they wrong doings on eBay. This topic is only to warn member of the possible dangers out there of people taking advantage of others hard work.

What in the world? 3,000 obo for files well this person is definatly trying to rip people off. I would at least contact eBay showing them the pictures of what he is using are pictures of files from our Halo Pep Wiki and that should get those shut down pretty quick before he rips some poor person off and possibly walks off with the money. As for his rating he's probably had his friends "buy" stuff from him and give him a good rating so people think he's not going to rip them off. EBay needs to lock the person permanently out of thier site. What I find funny is that the person was at one time selling underwear before they started doing this.

What in the world? 3,000 obo for files well this person is definatly trying to rip people off.
It looks like they're selling the entire suit minus the under suit, which would be somewhat viable if they had photos of their finished products and not stolen photos of someone else's pep files. The second link, however, is only for blueprints for the Halo 3 Mk VI armor. <sarcasm>Oh, but it's ok. You're only paying $550 and it's already printed!</sarcasm>
What I find funny is that the person was at one time selling underwear before they started doing this.
Now, that is just funny.

Unfortunately we can not report him. He told me he made the files but was using other pictures and that we were in a recession (looks like he is behind on his news)

Unfortunately we can not report him. He told me he made the files but was using other pictures and that we were in a recession (looks like he is behind on his news)

If he told you he made the files as in the original pepakura files that's a lie right there. Does'nt matter if he did make his own pepakura files it's not hard to make a screenshot. Short and simple he's a fake. Nobody will buy a full pep suit for 3k either, only place I have seen a suit go for around that much was one of the NAS Master Chief suits, other people sell casted suits for 1-2k but for a pep suit even if he does build them for sale he will be lucky to get $500 out of it. And if we are in a recession who's going to pay that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back